Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical Work in Oz...what do I need?

Options
  • 03-10-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭

Done a quick search on this Forum but can't seem to find anything (I'm not very good with the new search either :o) but I'll be looking to do a bit of travelling in around a years time when herself finishes her PhD. I've recently become a qualified Electrician, I'm still currently employed but god knows how long more it'll be for, so I'm looking to get outta here for a year or two.

Main question is, am I good to just head over and work in Australia, or do I need any other certs etc? If I do need extra things so that I can work as an Electrician over there, does anyone have any idea of where I may be able to do these?

I had every intention on going to the working abroad expo this weekend but got held up both days :mad:

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

It all depends on what way you want to work over there... You can work as an electricians mate with no certs or that.all you need to do is a green pass which is the same as our safe pass over here... If u do want to be a qualified elec over there then u do have to do some courses over there to get your license, but if your not stayin too long over there then I'd not recommend doin it... Anything else ya want to know just ask...

Advertisement