Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adam Ant

Options
  • 03-10-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Adam Ant, Vicar St, November 25th, 2011.
    Quite looking forward to this.
    Reviews of his recent UK shows has been very good, and given his tendency to only play UK shows, I'm delighted he's coming here.

Viva Le Rock!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

excellent stuff, hadnt a clue it was on
    tickets just booked

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Adam and the Ants was my first ever gig back in '82, gotta go for this purely for nostalgia purposes!!!

My fav song

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Gutted i can't make this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Went with my mate to see him in Liverpool earlier this year. He was surprisingly good.

Booked standing for this one again. I didnt realise how much of his stuff I knew.

Looking forward to it now.

Follow the link to see him on youtube. (Charter seems to allow it)

Does anyone know who the darkhaired backing singer is ?

Clue : Her grandad is from Barcelona! And she was in the news quite a lot !!!

Answer :
    She is Manuels grandaugher! The one who Russell Brand shagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Georgina Baille

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

hi superscouse this is ur buddy here, liverpool was outstandin my 43 gig from mr ant i remember his last dublin gig paddys day 1995 olyimpia on dame street......adam rocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Jesus, he was fantastic. Incredible stage presence and a great set list.
    Great to hear b-sides "beat my guest" and "Christian Di'or", but hearing "Ants Invasion" live was my highlight.
    Been a while since I enjoyed a gig as much as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

poundhound wrote: »
    Jesus, he was fantastic. Incredible stage presence and a great set list.
    Great to hear b-sides "beat my guest" and "Christian Di'or", but hearing "Ants Invasion" live was my highlight.
    Been a while since I enjoyed a gig as much as this.

Got to agree 1000% Poundhound - this was one of the liveliest gigs I been to in ages! Loved the Set List - "Kings of the Wild Frontier" was just amazing - the two drummer thing is incredible live. I never thought 30 years after getting KOTWF I'd see him live and looking so good.
    Crowd was great craic too - I hope he enjoyed it as much as us! I caught the bandana he threw out into the crowd at the end! (Talk about a "spit on me Dickie" moment):D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adam anto

What a gig. I saw him in the Olympia in 95 but this blew the socks of that gig. Beat my guest did it for me but as mentioned ants invasion was fantastic.
    I forgot how good he is live.

I might be slightly biased given my user name :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

It was a pity the sound was so poor for the first 30-50% of the gig.. We were over the right hand side, and you could barely hear the guitarist..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

washiskin would love that bandana if its going begging

Advertisement