Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Electric Fly Killer

Options
  • 03-10-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

Had a freestanding one of these that decided to hit the floor on me last week. Then we had an invasion of smal black flies last night and of course, I was the one who broke the fly zapper.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anybody have any suggestions on good, relatively cheap domestic fly zappers that I could purchase in the Dublin area? Do electrical wholesalers sell them? Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You could get one of the fly zappers they sell in maxol garages. Its €5 and like a table tennis racket. Has two batteries in it, that makes a charge and by all accounts gives a nice tingle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

I was hoping for a less active sport :D. If the OH had one of these last night it would have been me that would have got a tingle - in fact I bet that extra batteries would have been inserted in order to increase the tingle. :eek:

I was hoping to a plug-in wall-mounted unit rather than a tennis racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ok, I thought you might say that, my idea could be move fun though.

Just did a search and found the thread with pic attached:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73610272

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

have one of these on the shelf, cost about 55 euro plus vat.

http://www.flykillersonline.co.uk/Insect-O-Cutor-Plus-Zap-16-watt-Electric-Flykiller/48.htm#

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Let me think about that - and see if the unit will fit where I want it to fit. With one that size, I could zap the OH without playing tennis :D!

• Advertisement
Advertisement