Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used cars - wheres good?

• 03-10-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hey!

Was wondering if theres any Garages around that have a decent selection of used cars available? Am in Shannon so anywhere within 30 mins drive or so.

- Just looking for a used car lot to see whats out there.....

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Anthony O'Halloran (Ruan)
    Mark McGuire (Miltown Malbay)
    Pa Malone (Darragh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

There's a guy over near Cratloe, but I don't remember the name (he has a sign just past Bunratty, before the turn off to it)

N18 Motors in Newmarket, beside the petrol station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

That would be john gleeson in cratloe he has a good reputation.

www.johngleesonautos.ie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Pa Malone is usually fairly good, Sheils have a good collection as well, both have great after sales service as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

if you keep an eye on francie dalys on the carzone website, they get in some good stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Sean Murray Car Sales in Kilmurray Sixmilebridge
    http://www.seanmurraycarsales.ie/

Dillon Motors Broadford (SMB -Broadford Road)
    http://www.dillonmotors.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

5h4mr0(k wrote: »

N18 Motors in Newmarket, beside the petrol station.

I have experience with them.
    As can happen when purchasing a used car ,Problems did arise.
    John Beirnes stood by his word and accomodated me in every way he could.
    Highly recomended !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Raiser wrote: »
    Hey!

Was wondering if theres any Garages around that have a decent selection of used cars available? Am in Shannon so anywhere within 30 mins drive or so.

- Just looking for a used car lot to see whats out there.....

Thanks!
    Francie Daly in Ennis can source any car you want from the UK. (If you dont want to go through the bother of importing yourself.)It works out cheaper than going to a main dealer to buy second-hand anyway.Plus, with the UK imports you get all the gadgets.Way better cars.Theres no comparison betweeen a UK import and an Irish bogmobile.;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This is a regional forum, not a motoring forum, please feel free to recommend a garage, if you want to debate the regional differences between cars please feel free to go elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Raiser I've temp deleted your last post for now. You already reported the post there was no need to challenge it on the forum as well.

The reported post will be discussed also and someone will revert back

• Advertisement

What I meant by the post was there is a motoring forum on here that people can debate differences in models of car from 1 region (e.g. UK) to another (e.g. Ireland), I'm not up on the differences in cars, or the legality of importing or anything like that so I wouldn't be best placed to moderate on such topics, but there are parts of boards that would be well suited for discussion of this topic. As with presidential thread, we can have a conversation on here that can be more Clare focused that getting into larger issues that can lead to a great discussion, as highlighted by DublinMan12 commenting on what a good thread that we have going on that topic.

Raiser, as a member of boards for over 7 years with infractions from 8 different forums I can only assume that you are well aware of the procedure for highlighting a grievance with a mod (PM, Report or Feedback Forum) as well as the use of the Disputes forum, I will also assume that you are aware that a lot of Moderators would be appalled of being questioned on thread, as I was not overly interested in being a mod above (not in bold) and was more interested in keeping the thread on topic as well I will not be issuing an infraction for your post above.

Thanks Drifter for dealing with this btw, I have been traveling for work this week and wasn't about.

Advertisement