Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

old esb meter

• 03-10-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

hi how are you, i just have a querie i was wondering if you could answer,

my auntie jus purchased a house recently in donnecarney,

i noticed that the esb meter that was up on the wall in the house was old and had a anti tamper tag on it with 1986 written on it,

esbmeter.jpg

[very similar to the above picture]

very old meter and there is also evidence of a bit of melting on the black plastic on the meter,
    down where the cable terminals are located
    i was wondering is there a way to request to have an up to date meter installed in the house

newesbmeter.jpg

[this is the meter that is installed at my home]

i would like to try have this sorted before she carries out any work

any help is appriciated

regards

stephen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi evosteo,

Electricity meters are installed by ESB Networks, a separate company from ourselves that operates and maintains the grid (including your meter) on behalf of all suppliers (be it Bord Gáis, Airtricity or ESB Electric Ireland). Their full contact details are here.
    evosteo wrote:
    there is also evidence of a bit of melting on the black plastic on the meter,
    down where the cable terminals are located

This doesn't sound safe; I would advise you to call 1850 372 999 (ESB Networks' emergency number) as soon as possible to have this addressed.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

OP, 25 years isnt really old enough tbh. If it was the model before that type they might. The melting is something to be looked at straight away as david already said, just dont get your hopes up of a new meter :o

Advertisement