Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large toy shops in the Midwest?

Options
  • 03-10-2011 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me of any good big toy shops in the Midwest? Looking to buy presents for 120 kids for the work Xmas party. We usually go to Smyths in Limerick but had terrible problems with them last year so they're out of the question :( We can travel within reason and we'd like to give the business to an Irish family owned store if possible :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

well in limerick it really only is smyths , there is a toy shop in charleville noonan bros , its a family run shop , dont knwo much about them but i know they are there for yrs....not sure what their stock range is like but im sure they would be only delighted of your custom .

there used to be a big toymaster in ennis i think it was but not sure if that one is gone now too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

There is a fairly big toy shop on the Kilrush Road in Ennis, I think its called World of Wonder. Also O'Mahonys books or would 120 kids hate you for getting books/stationery :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TI-MAX

You could go through me to smyths and i would all the buying for 5% of the gross buy savings,or tell me exactly what you want and i will see if i can locate them cheaper than smyths!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

There is a World of Wonder next to Aldi on the Dublin road in limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'm not a fan of Smyth Toys either, I have purchased toys from World of Wonder in Ennis and Nenagh. The staff are very helpful and I've never had issue returning items. (One year, my daughter received five dolls houses and they let me return four of them :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

not family owned by World of Wonder should be able to sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

There's the wow beside aldi mentioned above,there's a toy shop in tipp town too,used to be toymaster,not sure if it still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

joe whelans in tipp town, they have experience in this sort of thing, also you will get a great discount, i cannot give them enough praise.

Advertisement