Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog burial grounds Limerick

• 03-10-2011 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

My little dog just died and Im wondering is there any pet cemeteries in the Limerick area and what would costs be (im on social welfare). I cant bury her at home as i live in a rented apartment. Is there any other options open to me? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

As far as i know there is no pet cemetery in Limerick .

This might be an option for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

When my dog Marley (RIP) passed away 2 years ago - I too was out of work at the time and was living in rented accommodation. My vet suggested cremation for him - and that was the option that I went with.

They returned his ashes to me in a beautiful wooden box that has a gold plate on the top of it with his name in lovely script and his dates of birth and death. Its hard to imagine describing his urn as beautiful but it really is.

I personally keep his urn on a shelf in my hallway. I have his collar with his name tag on it wrapped around the base of the urn box. His favourite ball and his toy duck he had since he was a new little baby to me are resting on either side of it. I then on the shelf I also have two photos of him in frames on either side of the urn and the toys. Its a beautiful little memorial shelf to him.

The pup I have now will often fall asleep under that memorial shelf. She never knew her brother and was born well after his death but she's similar to him but yet her complete own self. Its almost like she knows I brought her into my life to help me move on from my final step of grief of losing him.

Many sympathies to you and your little dog at this time. I know its an incredibly hard time for you.

I will also recommend checking out the Rainbow Bridge poem, its hard to read but also comforting and beautiful as well. They have their own website and are also on facebook as well. On their own website they have a candle lighting memorial every week for any pets who have gone to the Rainbow Bridge - it might be something for you to do for him to have your own good bye time for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Thanks for the reply Shammy I went with cremation but didnt ask for the ashes to be returned as it would be heartbreaking to see them every day. Kali_Kalika thanks a lot for that website its somewhat soothing in this very hard time. Once again thanks a lot to you both.

Very much appreciated.

Advertisement