Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two VGA monitors on a 6850

Options
  • 03-10-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭

I got two 17" Dell monitors recently that were about to be thrown away. I figured they would be nice wingmen for my main 23" widescreen, as they're nearly the same height.

My GPU is an ASUS 6850 which has the following inputs:

1 x HDMI
    1 x Displayport
    1 x DVI-D
    1 x DVI-I

My monitors are:

2 x Dell E172Fpb - VGA only
    1 x LG W2361V-PF - VGA, HDMI, DVI

To do Eyefinity you apparently need to use Displayport, so I bought an "active" DVI-D to Displayport adaptor and connected the LG with that. Then I got two VGA female to DVI-I males for the Dells, which didn't work out since only one of the DVI ports on the GPU is compatible with that kind of thing apparently. That's to say, only one of the Dells was recognized by the PC and enabled.

Any suggestions of where to go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Displayport to VGA adapter?

They're not very cheap, but you could use (Displayport->VGA) + HDMI + (DVI-I->VGA).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I suppose if I were spending that much I could just get another 6850..

Exactly as AMD planned *shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Well it's not that much. €20 from amazon. It's just that you've already spent enough on connectors, it seems.
    Did you check that the resolution combinations would work with eyefinity?

Advertisement