Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merrymeeting exchange broadband outage

Options
  • 03-10-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

For the 2nd time in as many weeks, BB is down from the Merrymeeting exchange. I called 1901 to report it this morning knowing from neighbours that it was estate wide, so they've said an engineer will look into it. A neighbour called 1901 and was told that it was down to people steeling cables from outside Lidl and that new ones would have to be laid! Can you tell whats going actually going on?? The fact that it had an outage a couple of weeks ago makes me dubious re the stolen cables story, but you never know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

BigMoose wrote: »
    For the 2nd time in as many weeks, BB is down from the Merrymeeting exchange. I called 1901 to report it this morning knowing from neighbours that it was estate wide, so they've said an engineer will look into it. A neighbour called 1901 and was told that it was down to people steeling cables from outside Lidl and that new ones would have to be laid! Can you tell whats going actually going on?? The fact that it had an outage a couple of weeks ago makes me dubious re the stolen cables story, but you never know!

Hi BigMoose,

"Site of damage located, outside Lidl in Wicklow town, all cables cut in Manhole, Malicious damage, second manhole cables also cut.

" The Contractors are on site with fibre section, 300 meters need to be repaired"

We will let you know as and when we have any updates.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

They've fixed it - guess they've replaced the cable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

BigMoose wrote: »
    They've fixed it - guess they've replaced the cable :)

Hi BigMoose ,

Yes the repair was completed yesterday afternoon.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement