Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forestry value?

• 03-10-2011 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

walked a forest this morning which is offered for sale

mixture of spruce and hardwoods, , the spruce are doing well and due for thinning shortly , the hard woods are not as good but with selective tending should produce some quality trees in years to come ( especially ash)

6 years premium remaining circa €10,K p.a.

after over 40 years milking cows I,ve decided to hand over to the next generation,

already have 35 acres forestry and along with the above , I would keep a hand ful of sheep just to keep me sane

any body put a realistic price per ac. on above mentioned ?

thought the auctioneer was giving me a telephone number , when he said the price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭greenfingers89

snowman707 wrote: »
    walked a forest this morning which is offered for sale

mixture of spruce and hardwoods,

6 years premium remaining circa €10,K p.a.

any body put a realistic price per ac. on above mentioned ?

how many acres for sale? is it all in one block? is there good access to it? what county is it in? how mant acres of spruce? how many acres of ash? how many acres of other hardwoods? what yield classes ar they? cant do a decent valuation without this info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

Why is it being sold?

Advertisement