Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chamberlain Liftmaster Sub 300

Options
  • 03-10-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering have any of you got any experience with a Liftmaster Sub 300 underground gate system.

I got a call from a person last Friday, they were unable to open their gates while leaving the house. We did not install this system originally.
    We are used to Came, O&O etc, but this was the first time that I saw photocells wired with just 2 cores on both sides.:confused:

Something tells me it maybe a photocell issue, I did not short them out as I noticed they were carrying 5.5 volts and reckoned that i would only cause further damage.

Anyone got any suggestions or even better a link to a PDF.

Many Thanks,

Kub.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

try here
    Sounds like a bus system similar to faac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

kub wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Just wondering have any of you got any experience with a Liftmaster Sub 300 underground gate system.

I got a call from a person last Friday, they were unable to open their gates while leaving the house. We did not install this system originally.
    We are used to Came, O&O etc, but this was the first time that I saw photocells wired with just 2 cores on both sides.:confused:

Something tells me it maybe a photocell issue, I did not short them out as I noticed they were carrying 5.5 volts and reckoned that i would only cause further damage.

Anyone got any suggestions or even better a link to a PDF.

Many Thanks,

Kub.

Here is a link to both the user and engineer manual off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Thanks for the links lads, found the necessary manual now the studying begins.........
    Keep up the good work well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

kub wrote: »
    Thanks for the links lads, found the necessary manual now the studying begins.........
    Keep up the good work well done.

Your welcome, Hopefully you will get it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

i have the chamberlain system, works well but i've found the photocells get "gunked" up during the winter months causing the photocells not to sense each other.

Take off the cells covers clean, replace and bobs your uncle:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement