Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NPPR charge question

Options
  • 03-10-2011 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Basically I have an existing mortgage which is joint on a property with a friend. I am now moving out of that property but still contributing to the mortgage. I have bought a new property and am going to make this my PPR.

My question is am liable for a NPPR charge on the joint house now because it is no longer my PPR ... but it is my friends PPR.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

why dont you pick up the phone ring your local council and ask them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

D3PO wrote: »
    why dont you pick up the phone ring your local council and ask them ?

Why don't you Piss off if you have no contribution to make to the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I would imagine you'd be liable for paying it, once you move out of a property you own then it's due. The exemption would be if it was a case of a divorce or seperation of a couple.

AFAIK it's the status of the property on the 31st March of the year too so if you hadn't moved by then you might not be liable until next year? Worth giving them a call though.

Thank you cath. Was hoping to find out from someone in a similar situation to myself..

Appreciate the reply tho. I have a feeling that if I ring the CC they will just say yea you have to pay it. (my solicitors says otherwise)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Smcgie wrote: »
    Why don't you P!ss off if you have no contribution to make to the thread?

How have they not made a contribution. Ringing you local authority and asking them would answer your question. The abuse was a bit over the top too!!

• Advertisement

somebody got our of bed the wrong side this morning :rolleyes:

my post is a valid one. But sure ok accept somebodies opinion on here or perhaps a post that somebody indicates is fact but turns out not to be.

Im sure it will be a valid excuse when they heap penalties on you should you find you should have paid and didnt....

"But I checked on boards and I was told I didnt have to pay." :rolleyes:

Besides which you would have had the answer quicker by picking up the phone.

P.S Mr Ignorant

straight from the relevent website www.nppr.ie

Contact the relevant local authority if you are in any doubt about the liability of your property i.e. the County Council or City Council in which the property is located. You will find links to all of the local authorities on our Contact us page.

maybe you should tell them to piss off too ? :rolleyes:

Well your post came across extremely condescending I apologise for the outburst but maybe writing in a better context like:

"You should contact your local CC, they will help you" would be more appropriate.

Well your post came across extremely condescending I apologise for the outburst but maybe writing in a better context like:

"You should contact your local CC, they will help you" would be more appropriate.

If Im being condecending or sarcastic I use the smilies to reflect that. Otherwise dont try and read things that arent there.

It seems that Nicol and Paul didnt take my post as condecending.

Ok :rolleyes: :):o;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

OP, just to inform you that contacting the CC will not necessarily give you the right answer.

I emailed them concerning a different question re NPPR and received three replies from different people. Two turned out to be correct and one completely wrong.

Mo60 wrote: »
    OP, just to inform you that contacting the CC will not necessarily give you the right answer.

I emailed them concerning a different question re NPPR and received three replies from different people. Two turned out to be correct and one completely wrong.

But at least if you get it in writing from them they have no recourse. Certainly from a penalty perspective.

i.e if they email you back and say your not libel, they cant turn around then and say actually you are libel and we are charging you x in penalties.

Mo60 wrote: »

And so the plot thickens...

Thanks for that, that's why I said above someone will likely jut say yes than bother their arse looking into it. My solicitor has said once I make this home my PPR and the other home is my friends PPR then I am not liable.. But it's always good to get a second opnion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭OMD

D3PO wrote: »
    If Im being condecending or sarcastic I use the smilies to reflect that. Otherwise dont try and read things that arent there.

It seems that Nicol and Paul didnt take my post as condecending.

I did

And so the plot thickens...

Thanks for that, that's why I said above someone will likely jut say yes than bother their arse looking into it. My solicitor has said once I make this home my PPR and the other home is my friends PPR then I am not liable.. But it's always good to get a second opnion

Hnoestly Im not sure that logic is enough.

Im not a legal professional but if you read Section 4 of the act that covers this it to me "seems" you are libel for NPPR unless the other person you bought with is a relation or partner of yours

http://www.attorneygeneral.ie/eAct/2009/a3009.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Please don't abuse people like this.

Advertisement