Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minecraft 1.9 Discussion

• 03-10-2011 2:37pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

All 1.9 discussion here pleaaaaase :)

On another note, anyone know when the full release is? I haven't played in a few weeks because of the memory leak in 1.8

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

So the VM didn't pan out? :(

Will there be mob farming in 1.9? Lots of people are praying for that after the spawning rules changed so massively :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Solitaire wrote: »

Will there be mob farming in 1.9? Lots of people are praying for that after the spawning rules changed so massively :o

Nope it wasn't supporting 3D hardware acceleration at all. Even though I installed the drivers for it and stuff. I've pretty much given up.

And yeah, animal breeding was confirmed for 1.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Solitaire wrote: »

I am playing 1.9pr2 at the moment and if you feed the mobs wheat they will follow you and multiply. so yes to answer your question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Nope it wasn't supporting 3D hardware acceleration at all. Even though I installed the drivers for it and stuff. I've pretty much given up.

And yeah, animal breeding was confirmed for 1.9.

do it properly and dual boot a linux distro instead of fighting with a vm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

1.9 pre release 3 is out! http://t.co/dt3IlVp6
    jeb_ wrote:
    Server is minecraft_server.jar as usual. Changelog is: simplified potion system, added some new items and enchantment table (wip) + babies
    jeb_ wrote:
    Ah LOL! I forgot to remove the debug pillars from the strongholds. Oh well, it's not severe enough for another update
    jeb_ wrote:
    Step one to potion brewing is to fill the glass bottles with water...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

hmm, might do a video on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

i am gonna breed the **** out of those bad boys...have you SEEN how ridiculously cute they are?!
    0h6Wt.png
    awwWWWWW :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The size of the pigs head lol

Blay wrote: »
    The size of the pigs head lol

cute sized :D (derp sized)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

They're just small bodies with big heads. It's like they suffer from hydrocephalus, and there's nothing cute about that. :D

• Advertisement

Way to spoil the moment there >_> Remind me to entomb you the next time you wander off afk :pac:

sorry...not 1.9 but omg omg :D

http://etsy.me/qOjQf1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dragons

dragon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I wonder how they will fail?

Endermen hyped up to be creepy feckers that build random structures - They really just steal blocks from your house.

Dragons... Burn down woods? I bet they will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Endermen hyped up to be creepy feckers that build random structures - They really just steal blocks from your house.

When was that ever said?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Tallon wrote: »
    When was that ever said?

Ya, will find a reference.

Edit:
    Ok, After spending the last 40 minutes going through months of twitter history, and the 1.8 beta discussion thread on the minecraft offical forums:

I did find reference to something similar but it was a player suggestion rather than a fact however i do still remember a screenshot of a 2 block high structure(3 base 1 top) than i associated with endermen, Unfortunately it must of been a figment of my imagination.

does notch even say anything about 1.9 anymore? other than
    1. here's what i'm doing
    2. here guys have an update
    3. oh it's not working properly? no way!
    4. i love my co-workers

laura-can wrote: »
    does notch even say anything about 1.9 anymore? other than
    1. here's what i'm doing
    2. here guys have an update
    3. oh it's not working properly? no way!
    4. i love my co-workers

He's busy in a court case with Bethseda

lol ok mr. i-love-notch-so-much-i-think-he-speaks-in-rainbows :p

No, he's being serious :p

• Advertisement

+1. They're not the best at game balancing :o

Endies should have been rarer, less damaging, faster and have waaaaaay more health, and should have been programmed to build weird structures. As it is they work together in hordes to completely obliterate the landscape of any well-travelled area :mad:

Also, they should have sounded like f***ing raptors when teleport-spamming you :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

He's busy in a court case with Bethseda

They wont be happy about the dragons either.

He's not making a game with "Dragons" in the title is he?!? :p

And if they want to make an issue about him using dragons in MC... well that tears it; the world will have to bring a class-action lawsuit against Zenimax for the usage of the words "I", "you", "we", "do", "please" etc. if they're going to be that effing pedantic! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I don't know if this is unique to PR3 or if it could be done in 1.8 etc but cannons now work properly again. Someone told me it works from 1.8.1 onwards

EDIT: Apparently it is just a rumour :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Anyone else notice that it is now impossible to kill endermen. They teleport away from arrows, out of water, When you get close enough to hit, while you're too far away to hit, etc WHILE steadily dismantling my mushroom farm. Also I've seen one sheep in about a week. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I like how hard they are to kill. They were way too underpowered at the start, made em disappointing.

My new username is justified again \o/

Advertisement