Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Bill Pay Price changes

Options
  • 03-10-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,809 ✭✭✭✭

Has Meteor upped their prices for bill pay phones yesterday?
    I could have swore I seen the Xperia Play for 89euro on one of their deals.
    Today the same deal is costing 139euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

most networks change their phone prices on a monthly basis and seen as it's just October it wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,809 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well ****e,
    I'm looking at moving away from o2, and Meteor's 30 euro a month bill pay offer with the Xperia Play costing 89 euro seemed ideal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It could come down again next month

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

feckin b***ards,was gona buy a galaxy 2 last week for the missus but funds were tight so said id get it this week instead. they probly wont drop down again now this side of xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Ask them to sell it at the previous price and see what they say, seen it happen recently in a phone shop and the customer got phone at cheaper price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,809 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Just looked at Meteor, the price of the phone in my original post has come down again on their bill pay options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

The Galaxy S2 is still €189.99 (or €139.99 if ordered through Fatcheese.ie).

I'm glad I got mine 2 months ago as I was considering waiting for the iPhone 5 (well, it's now the 4S). I'm not that impressed with the iPhone and, when I ordered my Galaxy S2, it was only €139.99 - on a 12 month, 200 minute, 200 text, 1GB data plan at €30 per month.

My previous phone was an iPhone 3G so it was long due an upgrade. I bought it on an 18 month contract and vowed never to do the same again - so Meteor's 24 month contracts would be no good to me.

I need 200 minutes minimum and all my data usage would be via Wi-Fi (so network data would just be a bonus - albeit, a very good one). If I was getting an iPhone 4S, the cheapest plan I could do on a 12 month contract would be eMobile's Select 200 which, as a non-Eircom customer, would cost me €34 per month and offer no data.

The phone with eMobile would be €299.99 so the total cost over the year would be at least €707.99.

My Galaxy S2 was €99.99 so the total cost over the year will be at least €459.99 - a saving of €248.

In 10 months, when my contract's up, I'll have a look at what's available. I'd imagine the next iPhone will need a summer release next year with the Galaxy S3 due out by April - Apple can't afford to be left behind for too long. I may put my savings over the year together with the proceeds of selling the Galaxy S2 towards a sim-free iPhone 5 - or I may just stick with Android.

Advertisement