Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folding Exterior Doors

• 03-10-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all. Getting a small extension to rear of the house and would like to have folding exterior glass doors which span the width of the extension (about 3 metres). Something like the attached photo.

Anyone have experience of getting similar doors? Any pitfalls or advice appreciated.

Budget is €3,000.

Any recommendation for companies that can supply folding doors within this budget?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Just from my own experience that your budget probably wont cover it. We were getting quotes ranging from 5000 to 10k (yes 10k for one door). That was for a door that was 3600 wide. The spec varied as some companies couldnt do triple glazing, some couldnt do aluclad, some couldnt do doors 2250 high etc.
    In the end we went with a large single slider as I was worried about the amount of frame in the door and given the irish weather we'd be looking at the frame more than the view behind. Still wasnt much cheaper at around 4300 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

I think there is a tread somewhere with prices for these but I can't find it.

I don't think 3k is enough though, I'd say closer to 5k .

Advertisement