Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samasung Galaxy S2 on EMobile

• 03-10-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hey just thaught id point it out that EMobile are selling this package on their bill phones. The SGS2 is only €169 when you go for their 18month contract 100mins, 100 txts and free calls to landlines for only €14 a month. Thats the best ive seen as all others want at least €30 a month for their cheapest contract, O and the phone is €560 on prepay! So even over the 18 months that only amounts to €421.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

Just looking at this for the OH. No data package included at that price though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lpp

seems good deal
    anyone know if Galaxy S2 easy enough to unlock?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

wait4me wrote: »
    Just looking at this for the OH. No data package included at that price though

Hey Sorry man just after looking there on their site, seems they bumped the price of the phone up to €219 but they do still have the €14/month contract. I literally bought this yesterday and the price was €169 at the time, strange that they changed the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

1. You need to be an eircom home customer.
    2. You don't get any data included at e14/month,

According the t&c's You pay no more than 99c per day for up to 50MB when you browse the internet from your phone. If you go over 50MB, you'll pay 2c per MB thereafter.

: in reality adding 30 quid a month to you bill if you uses data daily which most smartphones do unknown to the user to perform updates etc.

3. not a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

3. not a bargain

You dont need to be an eircom home customer at all. Yeah the only thing would be that there is no data included but you can get an add on for 1gb a month which costs €9.99, so that €24 total, still not bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

On the data thing, Id never use internet on a phone really. I presume there'd be a way of turning off all data on the phone right? For it to use zero data at all, including any updates that a previous poster mentioned.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Corholio wrote: »
    On the data thing, Id never use internet on a phone really. I presume there'd be a way of turning off all data on the phone right? For it to use zero data at all, including any updates that a previous poster mentioned.

There is, but why would you want a high end smartphone if the data is turned off?

I'm tempted by their 12 month 300mins/300 txts and 2g data for €44p.m. S2 is €89 on this tarrif btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

If you know anyone working in eircom,they have a friends deal for e Mobile at the moment.

You get a HTC Sensation or SII for €140 and then unlimited call, texts and data for €34.50 a month, 18 month contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Oddjob wrote: »
    If you know anyone working in eircom,they have a friends deal for e Mobile at the moment.

You get a HTC Sensation or SII for €140 and then unlimited call, texts and data for €34.50 a month, 18 month contract.

Really??Do you work for eircom?I'd be very interested in this deal if you do!

toby2111 wrote: »

It's limited to 4 and I've used them. Try sending the emobile reps a message, if you're first in,you might be lucky.

Also, the last time this happened there was a load of posters here from eircom who donated codes.

• Advertisement

Try sending the emobile reps a message

Are the emobile reps on the Talk to eircom forum?
    Also,would you have to be an eircom customer to get this deal?I'm not but my Dad is so could I use his a/c?Thats if I was lucky to get this deal in the first place!!

I don't think you have to be an eircom cutomer. But you could probably use your da's a/c.

The eMobile reps post in the eircom forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭t-hairy

According the t&c's You pay no more than 99c per day for up to 50MB when you browse the internet from your phone. If you go over 50MB, you'll pay 2c per MB thereafter.

: in reality adding 30 quid a month to you bill if you uses data daily which most smartphones do unknown to the user to perform updates etc.

3. not a bargain

1.Wrong
    2.Wrong
    3.Wrong

Well done on being so sure about it though.

I'm on this plan (got the Desire Hd) and its the best value on the market.
    You can add on a gig for a tenner a month. If not, you can get an app such as Apndroid to stop the auto updating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

is it?

100mins and 100texts = €14
    1gb of data = €10

total €24

Meteor are doing €25 for 200 mins and 200 texts with a 1gb of data? surely worth the extra €? Plus free meteor to meteor calls and texts .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Emobile for 12 months is €29*18 + €219 = €567
    Emobile for 18 months is €24*18 + €219 = €651
    Meteor for 12 months is €30*12 + €189.99 = €549.99
    Metoer for 18 months is €25*12 + €30*6 + €189.99 = €669.99

If you usually spend less than €16p/m or think you'd buy a different phone in a year then the Metoer 12 month contract is still the cheapest even now that they seem to have bumped their price from €139.99 to €189.99.

Emobile use Metoer's network so the service should be the same. On the Meteor packs you get 200 minutes and 200 texts but on Emobile you get free landline calls with your 100 minutes and 100 texts. You'll have to think of your own usage to know which is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭jd

toby2111 wrote: »
    Actually the S2 is free on that F&F deal

jd wrote: »

No , it's not. the S1 is free, the S2 is €149.

Feel free to throw the man a code though.

No , it's not. the S1 is free, the S2 is €149.

Nope
    - my partner is getting it in the next day or so , but the S2 is being offered free with the code she has (from my invitation)
    Phone & Accessories
    Samsung Galaxy S II Samsung Galaxy S IIblack
    FREE
    Initial Total FREE

Yep,I'll gladly take a code if there's any going about?!

Nope
    - my partner is getting it in the next day or so , but the S2 is being offered free with the code she has (from my invitation)

You get four deals for F&F, your deal must be better than mine, mine shows the SII at €149

• Advertisement

You get four deals for F&F, your deal must be better than mine, mine shows the SII at €149

Ok , you're right..it changes to 149 when you re-enter the voucher code

Ok , you're right..it changes to 149 when you re-enter the voucher code

Apology accepted, now throw the man a code.

Also, if you have any fellow staff members on here, encourage them to post.

It has to be a definition of a bargain when both sides feel they got a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

Zab wrote: »
    Emobile for 12 months is €29*18 + €219 = €567
    Emobile for 18 months is €24*18 + €219 = €651
    Meteor for 12 months is €30*12 + €189.99 = €549.99
    Metoer for 18 months is €25*12 + €30*6 + €189.99 = €669.99

If you usually spend less than €16p/m or think you'd buy a different phone in a year then the Metoer 12 month contract is still the cheapest even now that they seem to have bumped their price from €139.99 to €189.99.

Emobile use Metoer's network so the service should be the same. On the Meteor packs you get 200 minutes and 200 texts but on Emobile you get free landline calls with your 100 minutes and 100 texts. You'll have to think of your own usage to know which is better.

Don't forget you can use fatcheese.ie with meteor to sign up and get 40 euro back

Advertisement