Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to ban cigarettes?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Mazeire

I'm getting tired of posting about this now. It's just so amusing that smokers label people who don't like smoking as smug and self-righteous, as if we're taking some sort of moral high ground. I don't think I'm better than you. I just find your habit disgusting, annoying and inconsiderate and my life would be better if it were banned. I'm not making any judgements about you as a person. I'm not interested in you, I couldn't care less about you. I'm just thinking about myself. Like you are. We're never going to agree, so this is pointless. The bottom line is, smokers think it's their right to smoke, non-smokers (especially asthma sufferers) think it's their right to breathe clean air. These views are never going to be compatible.

Then Izzy with respect, with comments like the above, you really can't expect to have people care very much about you either.

• Last night, the landlord came over to look at something in the house and commented on the smoke smell immediately. He asked if we'd been on to the management company and said that the reason you're not allowed to smoke in any of the apartments is that the vents in the bathrooms are shared and smoke can travel through the entire building that way (Google it, it's a widely recognised problem in America). It's not so much our next door neighbours who are the problem (although smoke definitely lingers in the corridor and therefore comes into our apartment - smoke doesn't stop at doors), it's most likely the downstairs neighbours. We asked if the smokers had any right to smoke, since we think they own the apartment, and he said no. They don't live in a self-contained bubble, every time they smoke, other people are being forced to breathe it in. He owns his apartment, when he moves back in, doesn't he have the right to breathe clean air in his own house? So there you go. Any smoker who thinks it's their own business when they smoke in an apartment is completely deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭PAULWATSON

damn right, it's time to ban anything that gives anyone any enjoyment at all. I want everyone to be as miserable as me.

Advertisement