Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 8 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 29/10/11

Options
  • 03-10-2011 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Like Tempest 7 there will be a main SSF4 tournament and a side tournament. As suggested last time, we'll vote on the side event. Please only vote if you would actually be interested in participating.

The side tournament will cost €5 to enter and prizes will be given to the top two placers.

Usual SSFIV details:

Entry is €15 to the Street Fighter 4 tournament. Bring a new player and you get €5 off both your entries!
    Casuals and registration start from 11.00. The tournament itself will start at 13.00.
    This tournament will be run exclusively on Xbox 360s.
    There'll be a couple of extra pads on hand for those without, but please bring your own controller of choice if possible.
    Anyone who can bring equipment (Games, consoles, monitors, etc) please do so!

If anyone needs to contact me and wants my mobile number, PM me.

Finally, SSF4 is seeded based on previous events. The seed list is currently:

seed-post-t7.png

Here's a quick map of the venue in relation to the bus and train stations.

SFCorkMap.png

What side tournament game would you like to play? 9 votes

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
    0% 0 votes
    Marvel vs Capcom 3
    66% 6 votes
    Killer Instinct (Arcade)
    22% 2 votes
    Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3) - Halloween is on Monday! :D
    11% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rules are as follows:

SSFIV:

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

The tournament format is a group stage followed by a double elimination brackets stage.

Each match will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match will only be played in the event of a tie after the second game. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Side Event:

Same as above except prizes will be split 70/30 and there is no groups stage.
    Certain side events may require specific rule sets to be confirmed on the day of the tournament.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each set. However once a set has started they may only change characters after losing a game. The winner of the first game must stick to the character they started the game with and may only change if he loses the second game, in which case the winner of the second game must then stick to the character he used in the second game.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No food can be eaten in the venue that was not bought on the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Busy weekend in store for me then ( I'm going to a fancy dress the day after. )

Anyway, as always, I'll have my Xbox with me AND to see how much extra hassle it will cause me, I hope to bring my TV with me as well. Its small enough to fit into a Tesco bag, I think. I'll need to check.

And for the side game, I need to think about it, as much as I'd like to play 3s again, playing a different game where none of us have any real idea how to play would probably be fun as well.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Oh noes, I'm not a seed anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Im in , how's about umk3 i have it on my xbox and could bring it or mk9 which i could also bring for the side tourney everyone loves mk right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Killer instinct but no ST or Tekken in the poll :confused: Any chance they could be included in the poll for Temp9.

Mark you were on about bringing in your recording yolk if I brought my laptop but we forgot about it, want to do it for this. See how it works anyway.

• Advertisement

Im in , how's about umk3 i have it on my xbox and could bring it or mk9 which i could also bring for the side tourney everyone loves mk right ?
    mackg wrote: »
    Killer instinct but no ST or Tekken in the poll :confused: Any chance they could be included in the poll for Temp9.

There's tonnes of games I'd like to play as side events, but if the poll gets too populated the results won't mean much. There'll be a fresh batch of games next month!
    3S and MvC3 being current games, KI was asked for last time and DS being thematic for the month. I'll mix them up more next time, but we'll run with this for this month.
    Mark you were on about bringing in your recording yolk if I brought my laptop but we forgot about it, want to do it for this. See how it works anyway.
    I'd like to see it work too. I wasn't pushing too hard for this until I get the powered splitter from Dublin, but if you two want to test the direct recording without it I'm totally up for that! :D
    Be warned though that if it introduces lag it won't be used during actual games.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

I want ST as well lol =o beast out ST boxer :pac:

oh well just to let you know I picked 3rd S

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Yeah even though Killer Instinct is broken it has my vote.

Yeah I'll bring it with me so, some software too on USB :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

street fighter 3 would be the best bet or killer instinct as a second option :D

We decided on the side tournament yet?

• Advertisement

I was going to give it till the week before Tempest to close the polls.

Looks like 3S is a shoe in anyway.

Twas mostly just a bump tbh :pac:

But MOSTLY it was about the side tourney

Twas mostly just a bump tbh :pac:

Shhh. Don't tell them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

No way! I have faith that 5 random MVC fans will come out of nowhere and push the tournie in my direction before the polls close. C'mon Democracy, work your magic!

I'm reclaiming 4th in the seed list, watch your ass Gouke I'm coming for it!!!

:eek::pac:

If the Cork Jazz Festival had an official fighting game tournament, this would be it.

Get Hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CavemanFurby

I'm hyped, hopefully I make it out of groups this time! Must get some practice in before this!

I'm hyped, hopefully I make it out of groups this time! Must get some practice in before this!

You're in Bishopstown yeah? I'm around Friday afternoon/early evening if ya wanna play some offline casual for an hour or two. My consoles broke so I could do with some games too.

You're in Bishopstown yeah? I'm around Friday afternoon/early evening if ya wanna play some offline casual for an hour or two. My consoles broke so I could do with some games too.

count me in if you guys dont mind. there is only so much i can do when in training mode by myself. the bad news is would of hosted at my place but i have visiting family :(

Sounds like a plan I've college off on Friday so I should be around all day, lemme know what times suit ye and what not and we can sort that out!

i've college off too, have report to do but i can do that around casuals can do them at my place if someone brings a console. I have to meet people in town at 8ish so early casuals suits me better, what about your place furby that an option?

• Advertisement

My house is fine for it! Any time after like 12 suits me, I'm out tonight so I'll want a bit of a sleep in, but any time suits me after that really! PM me if ye want my address and number and what not!

Who's able to bring equipment to this by the by?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'll definitely have my xbox in tow as always.

Not so sure if I want to be lugging a TV around tomorrow as I'm trying to fight off a bit of a cold in time for that fancy dress on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

So I'll have my screen capture device with me 2moro anyway. Gary, you still able to bring your lappy?

WasterEx wrote: »
    So I'll have my screen capture device with me 2moro anyway. Gary, you still able to bring your lappy?

Yeah I'll have it good man for reminding me.

Also, just to clarify, 3S is the side tourney! :D

Sairus wrote: »
    Also, just to clarify, 3S is the side tourney! :D

Have things to do , I'll be missing AE but I should be down for 3rd S since its on around 3pm :pac:

I can bring my xbox, wont be able to bring any monitor to go with it though!

win win win win win win win win win

• Advertisement

Shokashi wrote: »

Advertisement