Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Horrific game on Operation Firestorm playing Conquest. Just emphasised how ****ty that gametype can be when up against cretinous type players ie: two jets circling runway destroys our jets, choppers and jets or them stealing our stuff :rolleyes:

That and the game of Seine Crossing where it was 6-8 vs 12 for most of it :/ ... loved the games of Rush! That 20-1 with the MAV was great and the game on Metro was actually... fun :o Tough but enjoyable.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Lol... my housemate switched off the router so he could use it in his room, can't sign into PSN now :rolleyes:

Like I said above, should be on again tomorrow afternoon and for a while in the evening

Lock him in the Sharpshooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Horrific game on Operation Firestorm playing Conquest. Just emphasised how ****ty that gametype can be when up against cretinous type players ie: two jets circling runway destroys our jets, choppers and jets or them stealing our stuff :rolleyes:

That and the game of Seine Crossing where it was 6-8 vs 12 for most of it :/ ... loved the games of Rush! That 20-1 with the MAV was great and the game on Metro was actually... fun :o Tough but enjoyable.

I take an enormous amount of joy in hopping into the AA and taking those pricks down one by one. As soon as a chopper starts taking a little bit of damage they tend to scarper.

Was playing a Caspian game yesterday I think, and I saw some lad in a jet hop out in the RU uncap and knew immediately that he was gonna knick our chopper, so I hopped into the AA and before he was even able to gain altitude he was smoking and a couple more shots at him had the chopper plummeting nose first.

If there's one thing I absolutely despise about this game, its that it allows jets and choppers to shoot inside the uncap. Your man that we stumbled across at the canals a few days ago, that was hanging around shooting at folks jumping in the choppers, wouldn't have anywhere near the kills he would have if he couldn't shoot there.

Lock him in the Sharpshooter.

Hells Gate more like... that way I get to see blood :mad::pac:

Hells Gate more like... that way I get to see blood :mad::pac:

:eek:

Hells Gate? Blood? This must be some new submission hold you're on about :p

Yeah I'll be on from this afternoon anyway, around 4 onwards should be.

___

Almost forgot..

Q for all, what perks do you's usually roll with? Asked that to the lads the other day as I realised there was 3 of us running the same thing (Squad Explosive I think?) Wasting a perk in the case I feel so it could be better of finding what we use and mix it up when playing together.

Me? I usually run the Squad Sprint for Medic, Squad Explosive for Engineer, Squad Explosive for Support and Squad Suppression for Recon.

I'll change that entirely to one perk if I know someone is at least running explosive. Again, if I'm not mistaken, we only need one person running the perk.

:eek:

Hells Gate? Blood? This must be some new submission hold you're on about :p

Yeah I'll be on from this afternoon anyway, around 4 onwards should be.

___

Almost forgot..

Q for all, what perks do you's usually roll with? Asked that to the lads the other day as I realised there was 3 of us running the same thing (Squad Explosive I think?) Wasting a perk in the case I feel so it could be better of finding what we use and mix it up when playing together.

Me? I usually run the Squad Sprint for Medic, Squad Explosive for Engineer, Squad Explosive for Support and Squad Suppression for Recon.

I'll change that entirely to one perk if I know someone is at least running explosive. Again, if I'm not mistaken, we only need one person running the perk.

Hells Gate? This: He was banned from using it by Guererro as it made opponents bleed from the mouth

Perks? Depends on a few things... what game I'll be playing and what would benefit the squad. If I'm Assault, I wait to see if someone picks Support, if not I'll roll with the squad ammo perk, Engie is squad explosive, same for Support then for Recon I tend to pick squad cover or ammo.

Again, if someone else picks one of the above, I'll select a perk that no one else has.

I ****ing love the lols had with c4. :D

Have you discovered the true art of C4 trolling?

C4 up your tank/APC/whatever, drive up to some guy hop out and 'attempt' to kill him. He'll be chuffed with himself when he knicks your tank. Then as soon as you spawn, light that sucker up :D:D

Also works using a Huey/russian version helicopter. Hide the C4 in the dark areas on board and land it somewhere near one of the enemies flags. Hop out, hide somewhere in view if it, watch it fill up and kaboom :cool:

On at 6 Aaron. Few lab write ups being done first.

On at 6 Aaron. Few lab write ups being done first.

What kinda student are you? Putting shame to the rest of em :p

Just had a round there with a few... well plebs tbh. One lad in my squad was in the Viper over the other teams spawn blowing up their jets and the Havoc so I booted him out and then I got very very angry message that was loltastic. Another guy on my team was staying in our spawn waiting for jets to spawn and another guy was in a tank blowing up all our vehicles... sometimes this game fails to surprise me with a team full of gimps :(

• Advertisement

Oh if only you saw me in 1st-3rd year.. heck even school :o

Might be on a little later (30mins I'd say?), feckin starving!

Oh if only you saw me in 1st-3rd year.. heck even school :o

Might be on a little later (30mins I'd say?), feckin starving!

No worries, munching away on dinner myself so wouldn't have been on for another 15/20. I'll be in from half past anyway. More of a reasonable time than now, hope some of the other lads might be on and we can make a game of it

Have you discovered the true art of C4 trolling?

C4 up your tank/APC/whatever, drive up to some guy hop out and 'attempt' to kill him. He'll be chuffed with himself when he knicks your tank. Then as soon as you spawn, light that sucker up :D:D

Also works using a Huey/russian version helicopter. Hide the C4 in the dark areas on board and land it somewhere near one of the enemies flags. Hop out, hide somewhere in view if it, watch it fill up and kaboom :cool:

Another thing you can do, but you really need someone with a mic and a steady driving hand is... get yourself a jeep on one of the larger maps, C4 it to the hilt and drive around looking for tanks. When you spot one, the guy with C4 hops out while the other drives straight for the tank. When he's next to it, blow it up. The jeep will stay intact with your buddy still alive and the tank will be gone. Rinse and repeat for many lulz

Also, if you've frag rounds on any shotgun, load up the front of a jeep with 4 bits of C4 and put one on the back of it... you'll know why in a bit. Again, this works best on a larger map. So you're driving around with your C4ed jeep and you see a tank. Drive up behind him, hop out and shoot your frag rounds at the C4 on the back of the jeep. Should blow him sky high and the kill will come up as a shotgun rather than C4. Confuses the fudge out of the dead guy and he rages at you for being a hacker :D

Another thing you can do, but you really need someone with a mic and a steady driving hand is... get yourself a jeep on one of the larger maps, C4 it to the hilt and drive around looking for tanks. When you spot one, the guy with C4 hops out while the other drives straight for the tank. When he's next to it, blow it up. The jeep will stay intact with your buddy still alive and the tank will be gone. Rinse and repeat for many lulz

I've done this before to an unknown random except he was driving by two people on foot. Was fantastic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Fu(k this game.

Sorry lads, too many connection issues pissed me right off... couldn't keep going through that crap. Good games all the same, the ones I was able to play anyway.

Got a bit lonely and bored doing sh!t on my own too :( Its great being part of a squad as you can spawn on each other, but on your own... spawn waaaaay back.

Should be on tomorrow but, can't go through all that crap again tonight
    Saruwatari wrote: »
    Fu(k this game.

That team was terrible... I think at one point when you were way up top I was the only one running to try and defuse the mcoms. Everyone else was trying to snipe

Fu(k this game.

Sorry for using the MAV, you know what I'm like though :o If you switch to engineer it's relatively easy to take out for the most part in fairness. It'll be patched in a week or two so no more MAV killing for me :(

33vcc4p.png

Ade likes this :)

Will be back on 10.30ish for a little bit with Spud and maybe Cody. So room for one more I reckon.

Tried but it was unplayable... the lads are probably downloading again :mad::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Getting a few games of FIFA out of the way. Watching Ade take out 2-3 in a row with the MAV was funny. A few decent games tonight and my spectacular kamikaze heli piloting was back.

Oh and aaron, when you're against me will you ever stop killing me :p

kensutz wrote: »
    Getting a few games of FIFA out of the way. Watching Ade take out 2-3 in a row with the MAV was funny. A few decent games tonight and my spectacular kamikaze heli piloting was back.

Oh and aaron, when you're against me will you ever stop killing me :p

I thought for sure you were gonna get me when I was trying and failing to MAV you on Metro... you were only a few feet away from the shrub I was hiding in :D

Saw you pop up in front of my face and that was it! Couldn't stop laughing though.

Saw you pop up in front of my face and that was it! Couldn't stop laughing though.

I was panicking like a mothafcuker when you were running my way... then when I dropped the MAV I'd my handgun equipped so was panicking again and then couldn't see you on my mini-map so had to guess where you were and finished a mag into you and still didn't take you down. Then you ran at me and you scared the beejesus outta me when I popped out of the hedge to see your fellas balaclavaed head staring right at me. Then I managed to take you down :pac: with what little health I had left, your team mate USASed me :(

The sooner that USAS is nerfed the better. It's ruining a heap of games for us. I've been away for ages and took me a while to get back into the swing of things.

The sooner that USAS is nerfed the better. It's ruining a heap of games for us. I've been away for ages and took me a while to get back into the swing of things.

Its the frag rounds that annoy me more than the gun itself. With them you don't even have to hit the person you're aiming for, just the ground in and around them to do damage... its retarded.

But you're right, as soon as the patch comes in it'll fix a lot of things. Namely that poxy MAV... I'm looking at you Ade :mad::pac: Got me twice in successive matches. Once when I tried to dive out of the way :(

• Advertisement

Tried but it was unplayable... the lads are probably downloading again :mad::(

Ah, the answer to all of life's little problems -

I know we lost the last couple. But I really enjoyed those games. Thought we could have had them... but for Spud jinxing us on Operation Metro. The feckin swine haha. That and the last game on Seine Crossing would have been some clutch.

All in all, good nights worth of gaming. Will be on after Milan officially knock out RVP FC later on today:)

I know we lost the last couple. But I really enjoyed those games. Thought we could have had them... but for Spud jinxing us on Operation Metro. The feckin swine haha. That and the last game on Seine Crossing would have been some clutch.

All in all, good nights worth of gaming. Will be on after Milan officially knock out RVP FC later on today:)

Connection pending, I'll be on before, during and after...

That second leg is like Heather Mills'... just for show

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Bit of a mixed bag of games tonight. After trying the famas it seems I've been using the less powerful guns for quite some time now! Give me more of your knowledge! What do you lads reckon is the best loadout for each class?

(And yeah I got a new boards account, having my full name as a username was a bad idea)

Sorry for using the MAV, you know what I'm like though :o If you switch to engineer it's relatively easy to take out for the most part in fairness. It'll be patched in a week or two so no more MAV killing for me :(

Nah yer grand, just wasn't in a good mood after those few matches. Some absolute tee-double-ewe-ayy-tee on our (me and Gen) team gave away our Tunguska, never seen such crap in the few months I've been playing BF3.
    Doesn't help that that hunk of junk is incredibly overpowered. Should make it burst-fire and weak against infantry like the one in BC2, christ...

• Advertisement

Bit of a mixed bag of games tonight. After trying the famas it seems I've been using the less powerful guns for quite some time now! Give me more of your knowledge! What do you lads reckon is the best loadout for each class?

(And yeah I got a new boards account, having my full name as a username was a bad idea)

Just my own opinion so don't put much faith in what I say

Assault: F2000/AEK - G18 suppressed - Medi Pak - Revive paddles - perk of choice

Engineer: G36C - G18 suppressed - RPG/SMAW - Repair tool/mines - Squad explosives

Support: M27 IAR - G18 suppressed - C4 - ammo pack - squad explosives

Recon: PDW weapon - G18 suppressed - MAV - Spawn beacon - perk of choice

Just an FYI - the main weapons for assault, engie and support should be equipped with a foregrip and silencer

I'll post my favourite classes later in the day for ya man.

OP'ed weapons/attachments are Famas and Frag Rounds.

Nah yer grand, just wasn't in a good mood after those few matches. Some absolute tee-double-ewe-ayy-tee on our (me and Gen) team gave away our Tunguska, never seen such crap in the few months I've been playing BF3.
    Doesn't help that that hunk of junk is incredibly overpowered. Should make it burst-fire and weak against infantry like the one in BC2, christ...

Ah cool. I know how you feel man, had a similar enough game with some of the lads yesterday playing Conquest. Tbh, I can imagine I'm a right bitch with the MAV, as Aaron is with the Tunguska, Remi in a jet and the list goes on for you guys haha.

Never played BF2, beta aside so wouldn't know about it. This is my first proper BF experience unless 1943 is considered a proper BF game :o

Ah cool. I know how you feel man, had a similar enough game with some of the lads yesterday playing Conquest. Tbh, I can imagine I'm a right bitch with the MAV, as Aaron is with the Tunguska, Remi in a jet and the list goes on for you guys haha.

Never played BF2, beta aside so wouldn't know about it. This is my first proper BF experience unless 1943 is considered a proper BF game :o

Oh I'm a right prick when I get that machine :pac:

At least I try and give the enemies a chance by letting them reach drier shores before tearing them to pieces :D

Support: M27 IAR - G18 suppressed - C4 - ammo pack - squad explosives

Just an FYI - the main weapons for assault, engie and support should be equipped with a foregrip and silencer

The thing with Support though is you have two kinds of LMGs; the lighter weapons based off AR models such as the M27, RPK and MG36 which allow for better on-the-go squad support with a foregrip
    -or-
    The much larger and heavier counterparts like the M60 and PKP Pecheneg, which are far better at laying down walls of surpressive fire with a bipod deployed and securing perimeters (and subsequently worse in close-quarters combat).

I much prefer the latter kind, but it depends on your playstyle I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Jaysus i managed to play even worse than usual last night. (Sorry Aaron for robbing your spot in the squad). Sorry lads for dragging the squad scores down:o
    Think I need to change my psn to bullet magnet, definitely more apt:D

Did Spud embark on any insane revenge missions against Ace pilots last night? Sunday nights attempts made for a good laugh, specially when we got shot down and he manages to turn it into one of the easiest MComm armings i've seen in a long while:D
    Hopefully the missus will be doing some course work during the week and I get a chance to redeem myself, lol.

Enjoyed playing those few games last night although I wasn't in the squad as I got on that Rush server late as I was fixing my headset which I can now report is working! Had great craic with some angry Spanish people on my other squad..... :D . Our team won about 8 games in a row from what I remember. I was pretty bad for about 50% of said games but had fun. This is going to sound unheard of but that was the first time I played Rush.... I normally stick to conquest. Still rusty at console FPS but if I put that much time in regularly I'll be grand! In my defense I was trying to run up to people and place c4 on them so they were hardly welcoming. Nearly sure you knifed me on Metro Aaron when I was behind a load of your team :( , ya bollock :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

McMafia77 wrote: »
    Did Spud embark on any insane revenge missions against Ace pilots last night? Sunday nights attempts made for a good laugh, specially when we got shot down and he manages to turn it into one of the easiest MComm armings i've seen in a long while:D
    Hopefully the missus will be doing some course work during the week and I get a chance to redeem myself, lol.

Once he starting shooting at us I knew I'd be wasting my time chasing him so straight for the 2nd A Mcom on Kharg island, hop out just over and parachute in. Nice! :)

The pilot really was class though.

I don't think the guy on our team was a fan of us throwing C4 on the Viper while he was inside waiting for one of us to pilot! 5 seconds later, guy in the jet shoots the chopper and it immediately blows up! Queue myself and Mafia having a good laugh to it! :D

Playing again tonight gents? I couldn't hear any of you over the mic initially last night because my headset was ****ed. When I finally fixed it I was on a squad with a load of Spanish people. Ah well it least it felt like I was in Mexico :D

All my rifles bar I use foregrip and suppressor as soon as I unlock them. Yesterday I was giving a non-suppressed RPK a go though.

Assault:

AEK-971 with Kobra sight
    M16A3 with Holographic sight
    Famas with Holographic

Out of all the rifles, the AEK is the one with my highest K/D and now my try hard gun for this class. Famas as I said to you last night is very good too, but certainly overpowered. Load time is slow on the Famas though. I feel dhurty using it the rare time I do :pac:

Slightly prone (lol) to using the Smoke M320 every now and again also :P Do run med pack occasionally nowadays but not much, likewise the Mass M320. on maps like Grand Bazaar, Metro or certain sections of other maps.

Engineer -

G36C with Holographic
    A91 with Holographic
    AK74u with Kobra
    G53 with Holographic

Love all 3 of these guns . G36C is my go to weapon in this class and has the most overall kills with it (over 1K). The other 3 are excellent in their own right as well.

Support -

M27 with Holographic
    RPK with Kobra

Only guns I like in this class. Despise the main LMG's with a passion as it just doesn't suit my style. Quite methodical in my approach. Pick and choose my moments but I lean more towards rushing and these two guns suit me better. If forced to play very defensive I'll use claymores. But three quarters of the time I'll be using C4.

Recon -

SV98 x7 scope
    M40A5 ACOG scope
    M98 x 8 or 12

SV98 is probably my favourite to use for the sheer fact the x7 suits me better .

PDW weapons -

UMP with Holographic
    PP19 with Holographic
    M10 shotgun

Overall, a lot of CoD influence in my gun selection tbh but those are what get the job done usually.

edit - ..... and the MAV :cool: :P

Playing again tonight gents? I couldn't hear any of you over the mic initially last night because my headset was ****ed. When I finally fixed it I was on a squad with a load of Spanish people. Ah well it least it felt like I was in Mexico :D

I'll certainly be on after the footy anyway. Maybe, around 6.30 I'll go on for an hour. We'll see.

• Advertisement

McMafia77 wrote: »
    Jaysus i managed to play even worse than usual last night. (Sorry Aaron for robbing your spot in the squad).

Wouldn't worry about it. Happy to drop out and let someone else enjoy the carnage. That Metro game in particular, I was a reviving machine :D Don't think I'd have gotten that chance if I was part of the squad cos I'm usually baiting down the corridors as a support on the front lines rather than playing tactical.
    Nearly sure you knifed me on Metro Aaron when I was behind a load of your team :( , ya bollock :p

It's kinda my thing :/

Think most of the platoon have felt the steely cold of my dagger through their back throat :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Just post you're name and PSN in the comment section in the link below and myself or one of the lads will add you. You'll just have to add BIE to your clan tag via the site then and wolla.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241014733965/

Hi I've been trying to add my name and psn in the comment section on the platoon page and it is just not displaying after I "post" it.
    I was wondering do comments have to be pre approved?

psn - malongorph BTW. Anyone can add me as I feel like I've wasted money on a 37euro headset, no pubbers seem to communicate much.

All my rifles........
    ....... and the MAV :cool: :P

Thanks bud! I'm bookmarking this on my phone for quick (and regular) consultation!

Hi I've been trying to add my name and psn in the comment section on the platoon page and it is just not displaying after I "post" it.
    I was wondering do comments have to be pre approved?

psn - malongorph BTW. Anyone can add me as I feel like I've wasted money on a 37euro headset, no pubbers seem to communicate much.

Have you applied to become a platoon member? If not then you need to do that first

Just my own opinion.....
    .......foregrip and silencer

Thanks mate.

On a side note I think you removed me as a psn friend, trying to tell me something? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Have you applied to become a platoon member? If not then you need to do that first
    Yeah I have applied a few days ago. If its a case that someone needs to approve that's OK. I just thought I was encountering an error or being a noob or something. Cheers

Thanks mate.

On a side note I think you removed me as a psn friend, trying to tell me something? :D

Have I? Was doing some cleaning up alright but I don't think I did... Apologies if I did, will rectify asap

Yeah I have applied a few days ago. If its a case that someone needs to approve that's OK. I just thought I was encountering an error or being a noob or something. Cheers

You're not coming up on my battelog... were you accepted into the platoon? If not could you try again please?

Thanks mate.

Have I? Was doing some cleaning up alright but I don't think I did... Apologies if I did, will rectify asap

Nay, you're still on my list... must've confussed me with someone else maybe?

• Advertisement

Cody was having the same problem with battlelog btw.

___

Heading on in 15-45 mins.

Advertisement