Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Some really good games... despite starting on the dreaded Firestorm. Such a dull map.

Enjoyed that Metro game for obvious reasons. At times your team breached our back line far too easily, jumping up the back stairs of the graffiti corridor. Luckily I'd a spawn beacon up there and was pretty much holding that line myself until I was downed. Then my comrades took ye out.

As I said on skype, I love the MP7 with laser sight. Its unreal, no need to aim down any sights as a few good pops from hip will down someone. Stonking gun when you're clearing an area quickly and solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

i found the mp7 to lack firepower and have really small magazines

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Was a few decent games last night especially with the Canadian dude at the end. Got way too tired so called it a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

wish bf3 had better squad and platoon support, MAG allowed you to set up squads and have 128 people jump into a game at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Varik wrote: »
    ****ing hate Tehran Highway, back in the day having your team fly around while standing on the wings of your bomber was great but this is **** and cheap.

its a really poor map alright .

I play HC and my favourite map is Grand Bazaar but then it moves onto Tehran Highway :mad: .. no matter how good a squad/team we may have I quit as i cant stand that fúcking map .

But its shít like this that can only happen in Battlefield that make it so unique and enjoyable ...

• Advertisement

aindriu80 wrote: »
    i found the mp7 to lack firepower and have really small magazines

Thats if you're riddling a person in the body with a full 20 bullet magazine and don't have the extended mag. 5/6 bullet burst will down a person, easily.

Ask Ken and Ade :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Thats if you're riddling a person in the body with a full 20 bullet magazine and don't have the extended mag. 5/6 bullet burst will down a person, easily.

sounds like you have it sorted it, I found the arc of fire was quite narrow and when moving around it was easy to miss.. I guess I got too used to the M249

Just got a load of kills in the jeep, turns out it was the wrong jeep.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

****ing hate Tehran Highway, back in the day having your team fly around while standing on the wings of your bomber was great but this is **** and cheap.
    mixednuts wrote: »
    its a really poor map alright .

I play HC and my favourite map is Grand Bazaar but then it moves onto Tehran Highway :mad: .. no matter how good a squad/team we may have I quit as i cant stand that fúcking map .

Tehran Valley is statistically the most unpopular/worst map in BF3 according to the Dice. There's an article from a couple of weeks back confirming that. Rightly so, as it's a dump. That and Firestorm overall are the two maps I despise the most. While Metro can be all too regularly frustrating, I do like the map overall especially appearance wise. Couple more routes in the tunnels and it'd be relatively fine, oh and move B MCom in the 2nd area onto the platform as well as move the one in the 3rd area.

Think you dropped me once in fairness, twice at most mate. I was running around as a Recon with an ACOG SV98 as I was a bit bored and tired at that stage of the match. Our squad aside, the rest of our team was staying back being ineffective snipers *facepalm*. Wasn't till the end they finally pushed up and by the time they did the match ended, there were 3 or 4 of us right beside the M-COM with staircase covered by Ken and co and my mobile spawn up there.

Agree with the comment by yer man re: MP7. Even with Extended Mags I don't see much point in it in this game. Grand if you're on a close quarter situation 1vs1, maybe 1vs2 but anything else you're fairly ****ed I feel. Funny, but it was my gun of choice in MW3. Suits that game far more.

Just met the most retarded player i've ever met, lvl 4 and couldn't fly to save his life but still made sure to be the pilot and each time killing every one after a stupid easily avoidable crash. He did more harm than the other team, there were 2 engineers in the helicopter it was being repaired faster than it could be damaged and he nose dives into a train.

• Advertisement

Not the best games from any of us I think it's safe to say last night. Day away from the game, and my aim was absolutely gone. No precision shooting whatsoever too. But thankfully, we won most of the games. I hate the Tunguska nearly as much as I hate frag rounds or the famas too before I forget. Really do.

Will be on for a good bit tonight though.

_________

Also, if anyone wants me to throw up overhead layouts of the maps with what in my opinion are the best routes for Rush that I take, let us know. Have Caspian Border, Kharg Island, Grand Bazaar and Noshar Canals finished.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Also, if anyone wants me to throw up overhead layouts of the maps with what in my opinion are the best routes for Rush that I take, let us know. Have Caspian Border, Kharg Island, Grand Bazaar and Noshar Canals finished.

Are they done in crayon.

Put them up.

I hate the Tunguska nearly as much as I hate frag rounds or the famas too before I forget. Really do.

Don't mind the Tunguska, the mad rush to it by the defending team is stupid really but a transport helicopter with a engineer or 2 can ignore it as long as you keep the exposed side away from direct fire.

Frag rounds are all i have a problem with, but the fact that the famas is a B2K weapon does not get much attention. I used it but changed to the L85 as while a bit worse it is rarer, both are B2k weapons so you have some "pay to win" issues with it.

Don't like the MAV kills either but i just change to engineer and shoot them down.

Are they done in crayon.

Put them up.

Don't mind the Tunguska, the mad rush to it by the defending team is stupid really but a transport helicopter with a engineer or 2 can ignore it as long as you keep the exposed side away from direct fire.

Frag rounds are all i have a problem with, but the fact that the famas is a B2K weapon does not get much attention. I used it but changed to the L85 as while a bit worse it is rarer, both are B2k weapons so you have some "pay to win" issues with it.

Don't like the MAV kills either but i just change to engineer and shoot them down.

Gonna finish the rest of the maps and throw them up. Crayon? I wished :( Tis very basic... not Aaron basic, but basic enough for everyone to get first time :pac:

My problem with the famas, as this goes back to CoD Black Ops is that in 50/50 situations, heck even 60/40 situations in you or mine favour of getting the kill, a Famas using enemy will more than likely come out in top. I dare say that's the case for 70/30 situations. Obviously not always the case, but in a somewhat decent players hands, you'll be dropped by the Famas far more often than not.

MAV kills are basically being removed in the next patch. I don't mind being on the receiving end of a MAV, as you said, people can change to engineer if they have a problem with it and take it out. I for one while very decent with the MAV killing, actually spend a lot of time spotting people too. Most people who use the MAV glitch or just go for kills which is a bigger problem IMO. More points need to be given for spotting too, likewise when targeting with SOFLAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

I should be online later on (fingers crossed). Needed a few nights away as the previous nights I was playing with just Dreadaxe or randomers and was losing pretty much every match and my accuracy was horrid so said if give it a break to get the hunger back and it's safe to say I'm hungry now and raring to go so hope to squad up with the best of ye (Aaron, Ade & Spud & No offence to anyone else but these guys kick ass)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

(Aaron, Ade & Spud & No offence to anyone else but these guys kick ass)

No doubt some of the best.

I could be on later, hope we get some games going.

I now love the f35, didn't before due to the lack of air breaks but stopping and watching the enemy fly past before shooting is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm online now if anyone is interested in a few games

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm online now if anyone is interested in a few games

I'll be on in 5

Gonna finish the rest of the maps and throw them up. Crayon? I wished :( Tis very basic... not Aaron basic, but basic enough for everyone to get first time :pac:

Hey! :mad::(

I'll be on at 7. Stuff around the house needs sorting out :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Witnessed the funniest fcuking thing ever... I'm still laughing now

We nicked their chopper on Caspian and the pilot decided to go and try and take their jet. Chopper is full anyway and lands at their old spawn to take the jet. One lad hops out but another spawns in his place in the chopper... and thus a countdown until his inevitable death :D

Screen froze... I took it as a sign to stop... for now. I've also got to get something to eat so I'll be on around 9 ish

If there's a spot, give us a shout and I'll probably head back on. Gonna watch some of the footy on atm.

Why oh why did you pick squad rush? Its not the sort of game you wanna play with randomers

Saw you went offline there. I'll be on in 20 mins. 15 mins in the match and make a cuppa after.

Saw you went offline there. I'll be on in 20 mins. 15 mins in the match and make a cuppa after.

Got kicked... and then constant freezings

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Why oh why did you pick squad rush? Its not the sort of game you wanna play with randomers
    I picked quick match - Any - Any and that was it. Sorry.

Going online for third time this evening so I hope someone is on or at least stay this time

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Still without proper internet and its not lookin good for another while. Might just get one of those wireless plug in yokes. I miss my jet.

Had enough of disconnections for the night... going to try again tomorrow

Enjoyed my two roadkills in the chopper, shame that has now been erased from history :(

@Remi, I miss you in the jet. At least I knew I'd a chance against a tank with you in the skies :pac:

• Advertisement

****ing EA

Advertisement