Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would you buy a plaque with peoples names on them?

Options
  • 03-10-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Is there a place in Galway City?

You know the ones, with someones first name, and maybe the meaning of it too.

(I don't wanna buy from the net as you can't/feel see the quality of it until it arrives).

I've already tried Treasure Chest, nothing there.

Anybody any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Downstairs in the Eyre Square shopping center. The Tower place - you really can't miss it, the place with the suits of Armour outside, and, well, the fact that it's a stone tower also sort of makes it stand out - does them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

The tower place does last names, coats of arms, do they do first name stuff too? Those first name meaning yokes you find in odd places.. Have seen them in TK MaXX at one point, also in that newsagent in Corrib shopping centre, near Marks and Spencer

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Judy Greenes opposite Goyas does them for Irish names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks all. Ya I thought Treasure Chest would have them, but no, they have nothing.

Hadn't thought of those other places, will give a look and report back.

But surprised at the lack of them around, I thought they'd be very popular, especially with folk on holidays wanting to bring them home (US claiming they're Irish etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Col200sx wrote: »
    Thanks all. Ya I thought Treasure Chest would have them, but no, they have nothing.

Hadn't thought of those other places, will give a look and report back.

But surprised at the lack of them around, I thought they'd be very popular, especially with folk on holidays wanting to bring them home (US claiming they're Irish etc).

You should try The Tourist Office on Forster St then.

Plenty of Oirish stuff in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Richard Hughes on Dominick street does all engraving at a very good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

beagle001 wrote: »
    Richard Hughes on Dominick street does all engraving at a very good price.

Would that be Richard Quinn?

That's where I was going to recommend; if he doesn't have the name in stock, he may be able to order it.

If he doesn't do them he might be able to tell you who does.

Advertisement