Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affiliate Marketing

Options
  • 03-10-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    Has anyone here tried building a website that just uses affiliate marketing and just content promoting these. If so, did you make any money from it?:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 karablack037

Affiliate marketing is a marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate's own marketing efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

The answer to your question would be yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

In short yes, although to make money off a site you have to be doing really high end stuff, and have calls to action perfect.

To be honest I prefer to work with affiliate publishers that just plough a load of money into media buying. They're margins are smaller but their volume is very scalable.

To work with a site, you have to be very good at SEO and you also have to have the offers you're running matching your content really well, so the user thinks its a natural progression.

What kind of products do you want to work with? What experience do you have driving traffic to sites? How much of a budget do you have to make the business work?

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm more than happy to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 curious18

Hi Trashbat,
    Really its just a learning experience for me. I've spent no money at all yet and don't wish to. I have hosting for free and my website works perfectly fine. I have a few adds on my website from affiliate programs and they will pay me if they get a lead etc. So my main aim is to drive traffic to my site but I am having problems getting the content right.
    Any advice help?? you seem to know what you are talking about??
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Right.. few quick pointers that you may need to look at

Free host.. Get rid of it in my humble opinion. Its fine for ****ing about but if you want to treat this as a going concern you need to pay some cash for this. Some of the free hosting only allows blogger blogs, gimped domain names etc ?? If thats you just you just fork out the 30-40 a year or 6 a month for a package that will suit what your doing.

Your direction is perfect.. Get site, check affliates check, content check.
    But your keyword research from the start is a SERIOUS thing not to be overlooked.. u need to be more specific in what your targeting. If its insurance leads, ? or any other high profit lead i would rethink your strat because you will get fed up before u start main gold coins.. I have ideas to drive traffic to a new site like this using traditional marketing methods but again, untested, unproven (to me) and im not going to share them. If you can think outside the box u might be able to do this to help you.

Host Check
    Site- I suggest u pick a wordpress theme and pump out a decent looking site in under a day with little or no experience. Wordpress is drag and drop and i always suggest it to all. Theres plenty of decent free themes that could start you on your journey. You can insert affliate adds, infolinks, paid offers, cpa pop ups or anything u desire on any niche on this site. i believe this could be you starting ground.
    Even if the site looks **** your driving traffic to the affliate adds.. your site looking well doesnt normaly equate to not getting sales your affliate having a **** site or offer is another story.. :P

Content.. I suggest pick a niche your passionate about, if your a rally driver in your spare time, writing about cooking recipes and making no money after a while will absolutely suck the life out of you. I think you should pick something your passionate about, and remember the golden rule ( if its too competive pick something else )

Seo .. Start reading what u can on this .. I wont go into too much detail on this post because you will have to follow up a lot lot more on this.. I would suggest to a newbie starting out to

Articles .. Submit some to ezine articles
    Related Niche blogs.. Start posting on them to get high pr blog posts ( rally driver ireland etc)
    Social media, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin (all depends on niche really)
    Yahoo Answers .. Start helping people and drop your link to your site..

These should be enough for now..

The above should be enough to get you started.. as you progress down the list i suggest coming back to the site and ask further indepth questions.. In each of the above 3-4 guidelines there are VOLUMES of stuff i couldnt put in.. For eg. Specific wordpress plugins that improve your on page seo (which i didnt add in) Choice of affliate offers for your niche etc

So you obviously need to start somewhere, i think those are enough of a spoon feed. If i give you the bowl you,ll drown on the porridge :P

Cheers Appy

• Advertisement
Advertisement