Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of moving to oz, do i need 3k plus in my bank befor i go???

Options
  • 03-10-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

as above reading the terms of the visa and it says i need to have a return ticket and 5k aud...!!!

me and my girlfriend want to go soon...

reason we want to go is sick of this country and been broke on the dole..

theres no way we could save 3.5k each to go itd take us years with our current situation, rent, insureance, petrol , food etc...

anyway around having the lump sum??

iv 5 years experience in the construction industry
    my gf has done a childcare coarse..

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

davemc180 wrote: »
    as above reading the terms of the visa and it says i need to have a return ticket and 5k aud...!!!

me and my girlfriend want to go soon...

reason we want to go is sick of this country and been broke on the dole..

theres no way we could save 3.5k each to go itd take us years with our current situation, rent, insureance, petrol , food etc...

anyway around having the lump sum??

iv 5 years experience in the construction industry
    my gf has done a childcare coarse..

thanks

No you do not need a return ticket. They hardly ever check (from what i'm told) how much money you have in your account but its recommended you have at least 3k in your bank account when you hit Oz just so you don't run outta money if you don't land a job in the first few weeks!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

been said so many times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Please read the FAQ at the top of the page / Australian visa website.

Also please do a search on the forum, you'll find this discussed many times.
    You don't need that money, you need access to that money, which isn't the same.

But do a search please, no point having lots of threads about the same thing

Advertisement