Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wormery?

• 03-10-2011 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

Does anybody know the Best place to get a wormery?? Am in north wicklow so dublin,kildare,meath is also convenient.

Any previous threads on this are very old

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 d32

funny that-i've just been googling how to make em
    large plastic storage boxes-50 or 60 litre size, w. lids and lotsa tiny airholes drilled in below the box rims/on lid.
    loadsa Damp ripped newspaper set in box base base, pop some old soil on this,
    feed the box-oatflakes, dog biscuit/rabbit pellets, breakfast cereal/stale bread
    dodgy fruit, bits o cheese ...mould is great and they love seaweed but it can heat the bin up quite fast
    wait a few days for moulds to develop, go on a worm hunt-under bags pots buckets matting
    pop worms in, but keep bin temp on the cool side-def under 20 degree. bring it in to a porch/garage during winter
    it needs air to circulate round it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Woofstuff, try a post in gardening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

d32 wrote: »
    funny that-i've just been googling how to make em
    large plastic storage boxes-50 or 60 litre size, w. lids and lotsa tiny airholes drilled in below the box rims/on lid.
    loadsa Damp ripped newspaper set in box base base, pop some old soil on this,
    feed the box-oatflakes, dog biscuit/rabbit pellets, breakfast cereal/stale bread
    dodgy fruit, bits o cheese ...mould is great and they love seaweed but it can heat the bin up quite fast
    wait a few days for moulds to develop, go on a worm hunt-under bags pots buckets matting
    pop worms in, but keep bin temp on the cool side-def under 20 degree. bring it in to a porch/garage during winter
    it needs air to circulate round it

Dont forget the tap to let out the liquid gold fertilizer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lmartin

Hey woofstuff,

I'm biased as my boss and the company I work for actually invented the first commercially available worm composter over 20 years ago and even devised (and trademarked) the very word 'Wormery'.

We launched an Irish-targeted website a couple of years ago at www.wormery.ie but overall business in Ireland has been so good I'm upping sticks, moving over and opening up an Irish office and distribution point in the next month or so.

Feel free to have a look and if you have any questions let me know :-)

Liam

Advertisement