Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WinTV-HVR-1100 for UPC Analog

Options
  • 03-10-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the following card will recieve Saorview and UPC analog? Also, is there anything else I needm, I see references to codecs etc in the posts, but I am out of my debth in such discussions.

I want a card that will recieve saorview, I know that I will have to get an arial for that.

I have UPC analog cable comming in to my house. I know that that will change in the future but it will do for now. Will I be able to stick my regular co-ax cable into the card and be able to watch and record the analog signal.

I have Win7 Home on the PC.

If the card is technically ok, is the s/w okay to use? I see people giving out about the supplied s/w with some cards. If the s/w is crap, can anyone reccomend a free alternative please.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

I don't think it can run saorview I'm afraid.

Saorview works off DVB-T mpeg4, whereas that card is DVB-T mpeg2 according to the description. :cool:

Not sure about UPC analog.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

all saorview channels will work with right codecs :)

don't know about UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    all saorview channels will work with right codecs :)

don't know about UPC

How do I get the right codecs? sorry but I havnt a clue what codecs are?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

you could try using it with VLC codecs installed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

This should work Ok as Win7 media centre has all the codecs. It is the supplied software that only works for MPEG2. You should only need to install a driver for the card, don't bother with their s/w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

Thanks for all the info. I think I get the understanding that the card will work for Saorview, but has anyone used this card for UPC analog?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I haven't used that particular card before but have used other Hauppauge products with similar specs for UPC analogue in Dublin without any problems

Advertisement