Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch alarm- tamper warning

Options
  • 03-10-2011 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

We had our back door replaced today and the alarm now has a yellow fault light on the panel.

The panel says "open tamper, T5 zone 5" (back door).

I have the engineers code and can browse the menus.

Anyone know how to reset this back to normal, as I assume that the tamper was triggered when the work was done on the door.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

That would be the tamper on the sensor itself, check to see if the lid on the sensor is closed properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭macuser56

Had a look at it and all looks good. Attached are two pics.

Inside, the four wires are securely screwed into their sockets. Then the outer case snaps on, with two pins from the outer shell slotting into two pin holes at the top.

So from looking at it, all looks good.

Thanks for the help altor

The Green and White wires are the tamper. In the lid there is a steel link that when the lid is closed closes the tamper. It goes into the two holes you see above the terminals for the Green and White wire. Make sure this is lining up correctly. If you feel this is not the issue then connecting the Green and white wires together should close the tamper in the zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭macuser56

on the button as always altor. That fixed it!

macuser56 wrote: »
    on the button as always altor. That fixed it!

Always try my best, any other problems you know where we are :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement