Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under kitchen unit lights.

Options
  • 03-10-2011 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Have a cousin coming over from the uk next week. He said that while he was here he would fit my kitchen unit lights if i order them. I know if i go into electrical shop i will get what i need but can someone help me know what i will want before i get there,

Unit lights.
    Spot lights x 2 for cabinets
    Cable
    3 button switch

Can someone give me the exact termonology and roughly the price i should be paying.

Thank you in advance.

ps: can diffusers or covers be fitted to the lights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

if your refering to strip lights when you say unit lights you will need to be armed with the measurements of where you wish to fit them. the robus t4/t5 seem to be popular and widely sold so no prob getting lamps.

the cabinet lights are standard enough and most come with the option of flush or surface mounting,and unless they are in a set you will need to get transformers for these as the normal and most common type are low voltage.
    there are led and cfl versions so if your considering them have a chat to your supplier and see if they are worth the extra few quid. if you do wish to flush the cabinet lights get yourself a holesaw relevent to the size of the fitting.

as for cable its imposible to know which way he will wire them so you could just get a few meters of 1.5 t&e and a few meters of flex to be safe, and its a 3 gang switch your looking for, plus a surface or flush mounting box.

Advertisement