Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove speedo cable talbot express campervan

Options
  • 03-10-2011 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've got a 90 talbot express campervan and I cant get the speedometer cable out of the gearbox, I turned it pulled it cut the rubber off the end to see if there was a hidden nut (there wasn't) poked it tried to pull it gently with a pliers etc. etc. I cant figure out how to get it out -any help welcome (I orderd a new speedo cable as the old one wasn't working) Thanks everyone in anticipation, :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

umm... either the nut on the end of it screws off , about a 24 or 27mm I think , or else there's a bolt slightly below it with a 13mm head you undo. get a picture for me and I'll tell you in seconds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Hi Aidan, there is no nut afaik as i asked the seller was there one hidden under the rubber and he said no and i cut the rubber off the old one and i cant see anything it seems to be a "pop in?" ... I will get a pic of the speedo cable end in the gearbox in the morning but here is a pic of the new item, Thanks again

the RHS of that pic is the gearbox end , see the grooved section? Thats where the bolt goes across. That is on the rear of the diff housing , slightly below where the cable goes in.

Thanks Aidan i see the groove here is more pics i took of the cable, i will have a look in the morning and see if i can get the pin out (im off to work again)

Hi Aidan I had a look behind/below where the speedo cable goes in and i couldnt find the bolt ... there was two big nuts are these the bolts? :confused: I have attached pics from behind/beside the cable end if you could have a look please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Hi Aidan I had a look behind/below where the speedo cable goes in and i couldnt find the bolt ... there was two big nuts are these the bolts? :confused: I have attached pics from behind/beside the cable end if you could have a look please :)

No attachments my friend.

Thanks

undo the 13head bolt in the picture , beside the 17 head one , and pull it out , see if that releases it.

Aidan you beauty ... not only was it the right bolt, it was as you said a 13mm bolt - im very impressed :cool: ... the speedo cable is out and hopefully the new cable will arrive tomorrow and its one more job done ... Thanks very much for your time and helpful comments :D

Aw shucks , glad to help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement