Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History research project

• 03-10-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi everyone,
    Basically I am doing thinking of my research topic on the 1972 Olympic Munich massacre and i was wondering if there is any good books or documentaries (I've already seen the movie Munich). And also how i should go about researching etc. as i am slightly lost

ps. I would also appreciate any other History projects Ideas (particularly in connection to Germany) But any other Ideas would be welcome as I am just panning through a few ideas [I didnt have amny ideas]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Tomas18

anybody any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

On the topic of Germany and the olympics, how 'bout the 1936 Olympic Games? Plenty of controvery, don't know what angle you could take however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Tomas18 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Basically I am doing thinking of my research topic on the 1972 Olympic Munich massacre and i was wondering if there is any good books or documentaries (I've already seen the movie Munich). And also how i should go about researching etc. as i am slightly lost.

Just a basic clarification, you will not be able to reference the film!

Doing this project boosts your research skills. Google "1972 Olympics", add in massacre, attack, conflict. From there on you should find some reputable sites. Look for memorials, olympic websites, Israeli government sites, foreign policy discussions, terrorism etc.

You will have to refine your title a little bit if you want to improve your analysis I think. Do the research and if one particular area crops up that you like, focus on that. Already in my head I'm thinking. If I was doing this work, I'd do it on the rise of counter-terrorism units as a reaction to 1972. As from the history, we know German units were not capable and incompetent for the task. Now, its CT units, GSG9 is a premier anti-terrorist outfit. Or you could talk about Israeli retaliations as a result of the massacre, in the Middle East.
    ps. I would also appreciate any other History projects Ideas (particularly in connection to Germany) But any other Ideas would be welcome as I am just panning through a few ideas [I didnt have amny ideas]

Germany has had an eventful history. You could pull any event out and write on it. WWII will attract a lot of attention. You could write it on any aspect of that but I guess examiners are used to the Hitler essays. Do some overall research on Germany, then drill down into "likeable" areas. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 John 10

I'm doing mine on the life of Jewish people in Nazi Germany and found it handy enough to research. It's fairly basic just talking about the living conditions at the time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

im doing mine on soloheadbeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

I'm planning on doing mine on the death of Rasputin the mad monk. Still undecided over it, absolutely fascinated by the man, but unsure about whether or not it's a good project :/

Advertisement