Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread*** Tue 4/10 20:15 WES1 -v- Boxmasters

Options
  • 03-10-2011 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Let's keep the form going this week lads.

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - work
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - in
    Gary - work
    Cathal - in
    Collie - inj
    Joe - in
    Dave - work
    Wes - in
    Aaron - in
    Gavan - in
    Darragh - in
    Declan - in
    Rob - out

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Des, will let u know about my bro tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EndOfAStorm

Gavan - in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Well done last week lads....am always gutted when I'm away for a game so well eager to get back into it and keep things ticking over tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I'm in. Dying to play some ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In But Will Be Running A Bit Late Will Be There Just Before Or Just After Kick Off Have To Wait For The Other Half To Get In From Work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

2-1 loss. We played quite poorly overall and started with 10 and didn't get into our passing groove. We gave away 2 silly goals (and had one silly one granted to us), both from indirect frees in/edge of the box but had we been playing anywhere near our potential, we'd still have won it.

Shape of the team was dramatically changed - new fullbacks, midfield, wingers, striker partnerships and we didn't gel as quickly as we could have, though we played some nice stuff at times and did have enough half-chances to have still nicked it, but we just didn't dominate and get settled onto the ball like we usually do.

We identified a few things afterwards that we should all keep in mind as they're things we can improve on: that's the good news - the main things to address are within our own control and it's also very clear that we have plenty of people who really care what this team is about and want to contribute to getting us in shape to really compete for the league, that bodes well...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Apologies for missing the game lads and my bro was sick.

A shame to drop 3 points against a team we beat twice last year but it's a long season and this will only be a blip.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I missed the first half, but I thought it was very clear that the team was a bit of a patchwork as Jules said..the short passing was off, the sense of control or temperament seemed to be missing too. Long-term, that should return of course with players in more natural positions and combinations. Two forward thinking players in the centre of midfield often left a hole between the defence and forwards where they could hoof clear and gain some possession and win free-kicks.

I thought the final ball could've been a little earlier and the keeper who didn't look very secure didn't have many saves to make. There's always days like that..

Advertisement