Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor trade tan number application

Options
  • 03-10-2011 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

hi i'm applying for a tan number so i can sell uk imported cars legitimately.

I am selling from a commercial premises in my local town.. although it is commercial, the premises does not have planning permission for car sales. I am worried about applying for a tan number that they may look further into my premises and insist on me applying for planning permission and open a rates account with local county council. I know the landlords here is paying the rates , and its not paying rates than worries me i have no problem with that but to open a rates account i will be questioned on planning permission issues at this premises for the business i am carrying out.

anyone with experience with this issue or anyone that can help at all , much appreciated !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Just curious, I had always assumed a TAN was essential, but is it actually so if you are registered for tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bhoya2001

TylerIE wrote: »
    Just curious, I had always assumed a TAN was essential, but is it actually so if you are registered for tax?

Hi Just wondering have you got TAN Number by any chance? I would like to apply for TAN and I don’t know anything about it.

Advertisement