Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aptus broadband

Options
  • 03-10-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

hi everyone,i currently use a wireless broadband provider called aptus(carlow region)up to last week it was fine,but now has become a bit slow.i done a broadband test on speedtest.net and the results varied from time to time.so i was wondering are these tests anygood and what results should i get.i am on a low tarrif-1meg down and 128k up 10g p/m. i have just done a test an the result is 600kbs down and 82kbs up. some times its lower and sometimes its up higher.what shuld i get and if i up my download speeds (3m) will this help and should the speed test be higher. tnx everyone:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hi ,
    Welcome to boards...

Re your problem,you'll be better off asking this question in Broadband section...but to let you know ,despite advertising the company name,most ISPs doesn't give you the advertised speed due to contention (sharing the same channel,frequency,cable,line) with other users due to economical reasons !

I would pay more attention to reliability than the speed itself !!
    Ie,UPC users compaining about connection dropping while myself,i have IBB ON since months,possible years ago...

Regards

Advertisement