Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dropping out hassle

Options
  • 03-10-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

hey!
    im a first year just started language literature and film in september but really feel it was the wrong course choice. Im thinking of dropping out but i dont know if i should finish the first year or drop out now before it affects the maintenance grant? Also is there anyway i could not have to pay the 2000e for this year does anyone know? Apparently if your going to drop out in order to not be liable for the fees you have to leave before the 23 of sept, im a week after the deadline is there any leeway on that?
    any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

I've no idea about deadlines for grants, etc.

How about you simply change your course? Pick up a different course in UL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ima_goldfish!

I was going to do that but I was told that it still goes on the basis of your leaving cert points,and Im about 25/30 points short of the other course i would be interested in :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

hey!
    im a first year just started language literature and film in september but really feel it was the wrong course choice. Im thinking of dropping out but i dont know if i should finish the first year or drop out now before it affects the maintenance grant? Also is there anyway i could not have to pay the 2000e for this year does anyone know? Apparently if your going to drop out in order to not be liable for the fees you have to leave before the 23 of sept, im a week after the deadline is there any leeway on that?
    any advice appreciated!

The deadline is the end of this month afaik, one of my mates dropped out at end of october last year and once you don't recieve your first installment of the grant you should be ok for getting it again next year. Get onto the college to make sure and also contact whoever is your grant issuing authority to cancel your installment. Get onto it asap though.

Advertisement