Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Valuation – What do they look for inside?

Options
  • 03-10-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I have to have my house valued before I can draw down the remaining home improvement funds linked with my mortgage.
    I won’t be able to finish all rooms - can anyone tell me what are key criteria that make up the valuation, inside the house? Number of living rooms/bedrooms/bathrooms a given.

I’ve a stairs to be replaced. I won’t have floors and wardrobes in some rooms…some new doors, some old. How much of a hit because of these?

Thanks.

(by the way…bank held back 50% of the improvement fund until valuation; I expected 15%. Read your offer letter before you sign it, obviously)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

hymanyman wrote: »
    I have to have my house valued before I can draw down the remaining home improvement funds linked with my mortgage.
    I won’t be able to finish all rooms - can anyone tell me what are key criteria that make up the valuation, inside the house? Number of living rooms/bedrooms/bathrooms a given.

I’ve a stairs to be replaced. I won’t have floors and wardrobes in some rooms…some new doors, some old. How much of a hit because of these?

Thanks.

(by the way…bank held back 50% of the improvement fund until valuation; I expected 15%. Read your offer letter before you sign it, obviously)
    have the place as clean as you can, if the money has been spent the valuer will see it...

Advertisement