Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunsmith for Combe raiser on shotgun

Options
  • 03-10-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi there. I need to get a Combe raiser on my browning sporter as it's to low for me. I've heard there's a man in Donegal that does it but can't get a number.

Anyone know of someone that can do quality work like this at a reasonable price.

Much appreciated M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Try Pat Sludds in Wexford http://www.gunstocks.ie/
    He does amazing work and by all accounts he's the man for shotgun stock-work.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭mightyabhabelle

thanks lads.... much appreciated - M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Try using some Duct Tape and heating pipe insulation foam to rise your cheek 'n get you by for a while.

It looks sh!te but it'll get you shooting and you'll know how high a riser you'll need.:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Some of the leather one's are pretty good, and cheap too. They might be worth a try before you splash out. Plus, they protect the wood in the stock if you're out rough shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

John Conroy in does adjustable stocks. Top quality work. I have a few of the stocks he has cut. Hard to tell that they weren't factory fitted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 von dreyse

PM sent
    I can vouch for him , he is gifted with his hands, easy to pay, interesting to talk to and you never know who you will meet in there, but, last time I was talking to him he was saying that he was going to cut down on the work he does.

thanks again lads for the help on this... much appreciated M

lads just an update on this. I went with Pat Sludds as he was handy and I was impressed when I spoke to him. Loves his work and just told me to send it down, he'll do the job and send it back. When I,m happy then for me to send down the money. You cant beat a service like that.

Anyway just to say I got the stock back today and it was pure class. Everything finished to perfection.. didnt have to wait long on it and the price he charged me was next to nothing - honestly.

I'm sure there are all lads like this also that where recommended to me and thanks for the rec's but just thought I would give feedback on Pat... oh and I suppose I better send him some money now to duh!!!! rgds M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Thanks for the update. Delighted to hear that it worked out well for you. Have fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

lads just an update on this. I went with Pat Sludds as he was handy and I was impressed when I spoke to him. Loves his work and just told me to send it down, he'll do the job and send it back. When I,m happy then for me to send down the money. You cant beat a service like that.

Anyway just to say I got the stock back today and it was pure class. Everything finished to perfection.. didnt have to wait long on it and the price he charged me was next to nothing - honestly.

I'm sure there are all lads like this also that where recommended to me and thanks for the rec's but just thought I would give feedback on Pat... oh and I suppose I better send him some money now to duh!!!! rgds M

I got a quote from Pat for some work I'd like done and it was so reasonable I wasn't sure he quite understood what the job was. Sounds like a top guy to deal with, I've been very impressed with the examples of his work I've seen and will definitely be dealing with him in future. You should stick up some photos there!

Advertisement