Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ramp for Cattle trailer

• 03-10-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any good breakers yards in Munster that might have a ramp (including the springs) for a cattle trailer? I might consider a full aluminium body if I got it too!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

cjpm wrote: »
    Does anyone know any good breakers yards in Munster that might have a ramp (including the springs) for a cattle trailer? I might consider a full aluminium body if I got it too!!

it depends on how much you want to spend like

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2580826

would this in roscommon suit ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭cjpm

mayo_lad wrote: »
    it depends on how much you want to spend like

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2580826

would this in roscommon suit ya

A hell of a spin in a tractor!! Thanks anyway

I've seen all the stuff in DoneDeal over the past few weeks.

Looking to see if anyone knows of one forgotten about somewhere that could be got for handy money!! I'll make one up if I have to, but those springs are expensive to buy new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Would Mallow be out of your way? I know a fella there breaking lorries.

No, i'd be willing to travel a bit.

Sure send me a PM if you wouldn't mind. Sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

cjpm, why not try and purchase just the "springs". Im sure you could drive any there to collect them, instead of a full ramp.

Also you didnt Specify the size of the ramp required.

• Advertisement

cjpm, why not try and purchase just the "springs". Im sure you could drive any there to collect them, instead of a full ramp.

Also you didnt Specify the size of the ramp required.

I did suss out the price of the springs, they're not cheap, I also must add the price of materials for the door! That's why i'm interested in second hand.

If I got a ramp I wouldn't be too bothered about the size as I would be modifying it to fit a trailer.

hi cjpm,
    Sorry i meant buy the springs secondhand, and the reason i asked for appox ramp size is to guage the size of spring needed. Ie is it a ifor williams type spring or one off a lorry needed.

I know of one or 2 cattle trailers up my way (Westmeath) where lads parked old 16ft tractor drawn trailers in fields and went and bought new ones with steel floors and slurry tanks. usual story, they planned to convert the old trailer into a bale trailer

hi cjpm,
    Sorry i meant buy the springs secondhand, and the reason i asked for appox ramp size is to guage the size of spring needed. Ie is it a ifor williams type spring or one off a lorry needed.

I know of one or 2 cattle trailers up my way (Westmeath) where lads parked old 16ft tractor drawn trailers in fields and went and bought new ones with steel floors and slurry tanks. usual story, they planned to convert the old trailer into a bale trailer

Sorry, I should have been more specific. It's a tractor drawn trailer i'm on about... Would travel a bit further if it was only springs I was collecting.

perfect. Ill do a bit of asking around in the next week or so.

Are ones your looking for arrox 3ft long when coiled up and approx 3" to 4" in width

Sound!! ;) They're the ones alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

cjpm wrote: »
    A hell of a spin in a tractor!! Thanks anyway

I've seen all the stuff in DoneDeal over the past few weeks.

Looking to see if anyone knows of one forgotten about somewhere that could be got for handy money!! I'll make one up if I have to, but those springs are expensive to buy new.

ha ha fair enough you could always use a jeep to get it like one farmer went up to wood's trailers in cavan for a 14 ft silage trailer with one and found it grand like

Advertisement