Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entrepreneur information

Options
  • 03-10-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

I am looking to register as a sole trader and run the business out of my home.

I would prefer if my address was not available to anybody randomly searching my company name.

Is it possible to register as a sole trader while keeping the registered address anonymous from a public search?

Same question for a web domain address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Web Domain Details can be hidden as an option for people searching the domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

As far as I know, you can remain anonymous with a .com domain.
    As for the.ie domain, you cannot remain anonymous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

For the company/sole trading address I don't believe it can be hidden.

The idea is that someone should be able to find where the company/sole trader is located/carrying out their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

You can use a serviced business address but this will add expense.

The amount of info publically available is vast and maintaining some level of privacy is a good idea but hard to achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

My 2 cents.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as a sole trader you would probably register a business name with CRO and set up a bank account under the business name. There is no "company" and as such you could not be found under a company name (on the likes of cro.ie, only registered companies would)

On another note, I don't know the business you are in but I do know that people like to know who they are dealing with and where they are based. ie People don't like to buy off websites / companies where they can only find an email address | Always good practice to supply a name, phone number and business address.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Its possible to search for a sole trader registered address.

I agree with your input on customers preference to have a physical address in the vast majority of business transactions.

Advertisement