Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BALLYSHANNON HOUSING ESTATE

Options
  • 04-10-2011 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me what in the name of God is happening in Ballyshannon?, Media reports suggest very serious anti-social behaviour from some parts of the town. Anybody??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

As someone who lives outside of b'shannon, I can confirm that there are good & bad "sides of the track" in town. My husband works in a shop in town and comes into contact with everyone...

B'shannon has been sadly neglected and eroding for years now and it's definitely taken its toll on some parts of the area. I wouldn't say anything's "happening" now that hasn't been happening for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Its no secret...a certain estate in the town has more than its fair share of travellers living in it and theyre raising hell on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

The moment you start giving out about travellers you are classed as a racist! I feel sorry for the genuine people living in Lawn Park they do not deserve this. Best of luck to you guys, hopefully the Gardai and Council will bring it to a close very soon. Having said that I can't see anything positive coming out of this as long as those unruly tennants are allowed to remain in Lawn Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Ì wasnt giving out about them, i was simply saying that the problems are being caused by travellers who have been housed in that area. Its not racist to point out a true fact and everyone and their dogs knows its traveller families that are causing the problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

<SNIP>

Mod edit: Stick to the topic please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

<SNIP>

Mod edit: Stick to the topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This is not a thread about travellers so lets not go down that road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

muffler wrote: »
    This is not a thread about travellers so lets not go down that road.

With respect muffler the problem relating to the anti social behaviour does indeed relate to a section of the travelling community living in Lawn Park in Ballyshannon, it has already been discussed on local radio and print media, so it does relate to the travelling community.
    The point I was making was why should the settled people living in that estate be put in fear of their lives because of one family of settled travellers.
    You can't have one law for travellers and another for settled people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    With respect muffler the problem relating to the anti social behaviour does indeed relate to a section of the travelling community living in Lawn Park in Ballyshannon, it has already been discussed on local radio and print media, so it does relate to the travelling community.
    The point I was making was why should the settled people living in that estate be put in fear of their lives because of one family of settled travellers.

+1

This is Ireland. You can't accuse Travellers of anti-social behaviour without being accused of pigeonholing them and branded a racist. We know this and they know it too.

Long and the short of it is I'd prefer to have a quiet orderly family of travellers living beside me than a bunch of noisy, rough, lawless settled people. I'm not against travellers, I'm against unruly <snip> In Lawn Park, these people just happen to be travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I'm locking this as of now, I'll have a chat with Muffler and come back and reopen / keep it closed. I fully agree with his decision to snip the above posts!

deccurley infracted its not nice or clever to try and worm your way around the swear filter to use abusive language!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

With respect muffler the problem relating to the anti social behaviour does indeed relate to a section of the travelling community living in Lawn Park in Ballyshannon,
    And with respect to you the 2 posts that I had to edit had sweet FA to do with the housing estate you referred to and which is the topic here. Both those posts were discussing travellers in general and I can draw on my years of experience here when I say that it was going down a certain road that wasnt going to end up good for certain people.

it has already been discussed on local radio and print media, so it does relate to the travelling community.
    PM the links to me please.

So first of all you didnt know what the problem was in this estate and felt compelled to open a thread to find out yet here you are supplying all the answers. Strange indeed.

Once again another general sweeping comment which is neither specific nor exclusive to this thread and which is why the thread will remain locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement