Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipes for little dishes

Options
  • 04-10-2011 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

I just bought two of these:

910068_00_06.jpg

and i need some recipes to fill them!

So besides potato gratin, what else can I make in these? I have thought of baked eggs, if anyone has a nice recipe?

What else would be good in these adorable little portion sized things?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's hard to tell exactly what size they are from that picture. I'd go with individual portions of big things, probably, like little individual shepherd's pies and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

If they are the same size as the ones I have, I use them for dips mainly. They look soo cute.

You could also putting little tapas's in them like chorizo braised in cider or red wine (bake in oven)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Shepards pie, lasanga, moussaka, fish pie, chicken & broccoli bake - all that kind of stuff (Think the Avoca self service restaurant)
    And desserts too - like chocolate pots, creme brulee etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

Here is a nice recipe for Eggs Cocotte (tried and tested) - they're Baked Eggs - Serves 4.

60g fresh spinach, chopped (doesn't need cooking first)
    4 eggs
    4 tablespoons milk
    75g parmesan cheese, grated
    Sea salt and black pepper

Grease the dishes with little butter.

Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.

Divide the spinach between the prepared ramekins or bowls.

Crack an egg on top, add a spoonful of milk to each, then season and top with the parmesan.

Put the ramekins or bowls on a baking tray in the preheated oven and cook for 6 minutes.

Serve with crusty bread.

Note: I added bacon and mushrooms at diff stages of cooking this but I think it's just nice as the recipe is. If you like this, I have another recipe for Baked Eggs with Smoked Salmon & Chives but haven't tried that one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

They are mini-casserole dishes (adorable)! :p

I love the sound of all those things and thanks for the baked eggs recipe. I will give that a go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement