Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second year Australian visa as a nurse

Options
  • 04-10-2011 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My sister has been in Australia on a one year working visa for the last twelve months. She has completed the 3 months seasonal work to qualify for a second year holiday visa.
    As she is a qualified nurse, she now wants to work as a nurse in Oz. She has already completed the medical and the chest xray prior to leaving Ireland twelve months ago and now they want her to repeat these for her second year application.
    Is this right?It seems that the entire time she had been in Australia, they want more and more money.
    Any help appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If she is planning on working as a nurse she needs medical clearance. And will need to supply those documents for the visa
    It's not expensive to get the x-rays. I don't know if she can resubmit the old ones, maybe.

And who exactly wants more and more money from her? What else has there been?
    The WHV is ridiculously cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I dont think DIAC are out looking for more money just valid X-Rays (which to DIAC is the standard 1 year)*

It might be worth your sister phoning and explaining that she has been in Australia for the entire year and should be TB clear.

* X-Ray film will fog with age

Advertisement