Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has 62 Kg of 302/303 Stainless Steel got any value?

• 04-10-2011 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    Not sure where this post/question belongs but here goes.

Has 62 Kg of grade 302/303 Stainless Steel got any value? The stainless is in the form of used stencils now. I know I know, ask a scrap dealer. But I just wanted to get an idea and maybe avoid having a scrap dealer laugh in my face.

Thanks for reading. And an even bigger thanks if you can answer the question.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'll give you three fiddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You're probably better off in one of the DIY forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I dunno. Sheet stainless is about 3 grand a tonne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

My estimate would be it will be worth about 15 euro as scrap.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

What part of the country are you and can you put up a photo of it, I'm just looking for a few bits for my boat build so if it suits and your nearby I'll give you a few quid :D
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Hi,

I got 1 euro a kg for stainless a couple of weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Greeb

Fergal.b,
    I sure it wont be of any use to you. Like I said “The stainless is in the form of used stencils now”. So I have 0.1mm thick sheets (1.5’ x 1.5’) full of holes, but I have hundreds of them.

Thanks for the replies all.
    Seems it might be worth a visit to a scrap dealer. Better get my finger out before they end up in the skip.

Advertisement