Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe Express Protestor

Options
  • 04-10-2011 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Just had an early walk around town and saw a guy with a plackard outside cafe express, saying something like cafe express still owes him €7500 even after a court order.
    Poor guy; looks like the coffee shops around are starting to screw people over (CoCo/Elles chain two weeks ago). Has he been there long anyone know? Did a google and came up with nothing. It must be legit if he is outside their front door!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

So, you saw a person at close enough range to read a sign they were holding..and then you went on an online forum to ask what it is about or how long this individual has been there :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How Irish of you OP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Did`nt hear about the coco elles chain screwing people,I thought they were fairly sound everytime I was in there I had a chat to the owner.
    I would say the guy is not an employee from cafe express as its too large a figure probably a sub contractor who did work on the premises.
    I know the owner of cafe express and he is a really good guy so I would not judge him yet as always two sides to every story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Has he been there long anyone know?

I'm sure if you asked him he's spill the beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Just had an early walk around town and saw a guy with a plackard outside cafe express, saying something like cafe express still owes him €7500 even after a court order.
    Poor guy; looks like the coffee shops around are starting to screw people over (CoCo/Elles chain two weeks ago). Has he been there long anyone know? Did a google and came up with nothing. It must be legit if he is outside their front door!
    How are they screwing people, their business has been placed in liquidation if im right, hardly screwing people is it.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Saw him there this morning too OP.

Am I right in saying there are two Cafe Expresses, one across from Anthony Ryan's and the other at the corner of Eyre Square (where Noodle House used to be)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

snubbleste wrote: »
    So, you saw a person at close enough range to read a sign they were holding..and then you went on an online forum to ask what it is about or how long this individual has been there :confused:

How could he know how long the guy was standing there? Do you think the guy "I've been here 2 days, 13 hours and 4 minutes" written on the sign?

Also, the op said that the sign said he was owed 7500 by the cafe. That doesn't suggest what for. If you're so psychic you tell us what the sign was about.

What's the point in posting if it's only to be smart to the Op? Must be great to have so much spare time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

kraggy wrote: »
    How could he know how long the guy was standing there? Do you think the guy "I've been here 2 days, 13 hours and 4 minutes" written on the sign?

Also, the op said that the sign said he was owed 7500 by the cafe. That doesn't suggest what for. If you're so psychic you tell us what the sign was about.

If he was close enough to read the sign and curious enough to ask the internet about it, he could've asked the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Sorry, I agree, completely Irish of me to come on here and ask I suppose. But had the feeling that if i walked up and asked him why he was doing it, I would get an earful and also be late for appointment.
    Just thought it would have been in the papers if there was a court order to pay someone. I just feel its a bit wrong for a company to do this to individuals/ other small companies , no?
    As regards the other coffee shops.... company got liquidated on a monday, so nobody gets what they are owed. Same owners open on Thursday with a fresh balance sheet, madness if you ask me. As sound as the owners might be of any business, if they dont pay people, they can go fup off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Sorry, I agree, completely Irish of me to come on here and ask I suppose. But had the feeling that if i walked up and asked him why he was doing it, I would get an earful and also be late for appointment.
    Just thought it would have been in the papers if there was a court order to pay someone. I just feel its a bit wrong for a company to do this to individuals/ other small companies , no?
    As regards the other coffee shops.... company got liquidated on a monday, so nobody gets what they are owed. Same owners open on Thursday with a fresh balance sheet, madness if you ask me. As sound as the owners might be of any business, if they dont pay people, they can go fup off.
    Where have they opened since, didnt hear anything about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Café Express tried to screw me over too. I worked in one of their branches for a short while and they tried to avoid paying me, ignoring all my calls for weeks. I'm glad I'm not the only one, I thought they just disliked me or something :p. I completely avoid the place now, and tell everyone I know to as well. It's a pity, because I love their coffee and used to buy it regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Where have they opened since, didnt hear anything about that.

Same premises.

I presume with the same signage, staff, and menu too.

Advertisement