Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Electrical Store Help

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

NewBiz2011 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

thanks a million for all the responses very valued info.I know this industry inside out and know most of the pitfalls out there but I do feel that there is a market for a quality service with some niche products.I am aware of the margins achieved and they are nowhere near 25%.Knighted t.

you will go under if your not getting that type of margin -

what margin had you previously been operating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I just saw this now. OP margins are in the 20-25% depending on brands, lowest would be about 18% and I think it's the likes of Miele who would be one of the lowest.

Service is a huge thing. Consumers don't like been fobbed off a week out of gaurantee or something which is often seen with larger electrical stores. Also,charging the guts of thirty euro for a delivery isn't liked.

Advertisement