Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming/Work Headphones?

Options
  • 04-10-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi there,

Gaming -
    Can somebody recommend to me some wireless gaming headphones (with mic)? I've seen some really nice Logitech ones, but I want them to have a jack connection, not USB. The reason for this is that I have a very good sound card and I want to use that.

Work -
    I also need headphones for work, I sit at a computer in an office, doen't have to be wireless or have a mic, but I need them to be closed cup (so that everyone around me isn't disturbed (as I listen to disturbed! ;) )

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Not sure what the budget is but if it is reasonably big (and it usually needs to be for a good wireless gaming headset) and surround sound is desirable then something like the Turtlebeach X41s would be good for the gaming option. They can use either digital optical or RCA input (can use a 3.5 to RCA splitter cable) to the wireless transmitter.

If the budget is a little smaller the x31s are similar but only 2/3s the price, wireless and non USB (except for power). The main differences from the X41 is that they are stereo instead of surround sound and only offer 3.5mm jack connectivity to the wireless transmitter (no digital optical).

No real work suggestions a moderately priced wired Sennheiser set or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,371 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im waiting for the release of these babies

http://www.razerzone.com/tiamat/en

Cant find any release thou :(

Advertisement