Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Autobiography you ever read.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo
    by Hayden Herrera

Dead as doornails (Behan, Kavanagh, Flann O Brien) Anthony Cronin.

biography *

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Bassfish wrote: »
    Ozzy Osbourne's book is very good, not often you end end up laughing out loud at a book but there's some hilarious stories in it.

Totally agree. Only book I've read so far that I've actually laughed aloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

Nell Mc Cafferty's autobiography "Nell". It's a wonderful book.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

George Best, great read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I read Alan Partridge's "We need to talk about Alan" while on holiday. Seriously funny stuff but unfortunately it is fiction rather than a genuine autobiography.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

not really a book person but i did enjoy reading alex higgins autobiography...some life that guy had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Tony Cascarino's is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Gore Vidal, palimpsest.
    Christopher Hitchens, Hitch 22.
    Brian Keenan, an evil cradling.

My reading of Slash's book confirmed my view of him as one off the most narcissistic d1ckh3ads I've eve heard of. His immaturity is cringeworthy as he seemed to think he had control over his heroin addiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Hitch-22 by Christopher Hitchens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The life of Mel Gibson, a feckin great read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

One of the best I ever read was Michael Parkinson's autobiography. Starts with his youth growing up in a Yorkshire mining town and goes through his long career and his most notable interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Obama's and the lead singer of the RHCP.

One took cocaine and one fancied sinead o connor but was too shy to say it to her.

guess which is which :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

Alex Ferguson's was a great read, have read it several times

As said multiple times in this thread, Paul McGrath's is brilliant. Tough life he's had but persevered and is one of the all time greats.

Bobby Charlton's book "The United Years" is excellent. Very emotional about the Busby Babes and the Munich Air disaster. Haven't read his book on his England career, although I may pick it up sometime.

Roy Keanes is good, but you can tell who it was ghost written by as some of the rants are very Dunphy-esque

As a Manchester United fan, I begrudingly enjoyed Jamie Carragher's book too.

Slash and Duff from Guns n Roses books are great reads. How one or both of them is not dead is beyond me. Steven Adlers wasn't great though.

Another brilliant read is "On The Run" by Gregg and Gina Hill. They are the kids of Henry Hill (of Goodfellas fame). Insight into how it was for them with their father being involved in the Mafia and drugs as young kids and then to spend the rest of their childhood and adolescene on the run when their father went into the Witness Protection Programme. Their parents, especially Henry Hill don't come out of it too well, as you would expect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I see Tom Dailey won the Bronze last week, got a clean sweep of A,s in his exams

AND yes, he wrote an Autobiography and he's only 18

Come-on people, you's are been had. No-one writes autobiographies anymore.

Advertisement