Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dry cows

• 04-10-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Ihave a ch cow that i couldnt get in calf this year, shes a 2000 model with only 3 tits. I was wondering if i should send her to the factory or the mart ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

Hi John

I've a few cows that didnt go in calf and I'm testing them this week for the mart. All the factory agents seem to be buying from the mart at the moment and if you are not happy with the price you can try the factory later.

I sold one to the factory and 2 in the mart earlier in the year and I done much better in the mart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

have just left mine down to the mart going down in a few minutes to sell them - got a puncture on the way down:D one of them is a 1996 model:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

whelan1 wrote: »
    have just left mine down to the mart going down in a few minutes to sell them - got a puncture on the way down:D one of them is a 1996 model:o

Good luck with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

best of luck let us know how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i was happy enough. had 2 freemartin heifers 494kg=€655, 538kg=€750 then had 2 cull friesian cows straight from parlour 538kg =600 euro and 642kg= €660.... there where simmental and limo cull cows 600-700kg made 900-1050

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

I would def recommend going to the mart. I was in a similar predicament to the OP. I sold two dry LM cows in the mart last Tues. One was 848kg and sold for E1420 and the other was 672kg and sold for E1260. Seems crazy money for dry cows but I wasnt complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

its off to the mart with her so;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

definetly the mart sold 2 in tuam on monday 710kg €1100 630kg €925 straight from the parlour not in calf over quota. Sent cow that was 700kg at least to factory in August €801 disgusted. Its the mart anymore even if they have to be bloodtested. Lost €300

Advertisement