Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Ridley Triton S (54cm) - €350

Options
  • 04-10-2011 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I'm selling my Ridley Triton S, due to space constraints. It's a lovely bike with a stiff, responsive alu frame and a carbon fork. The groupset is Campagnolo Xenon. It's in very good nick.

The basics
    Frame size: 54cm (I’m 5’11” and it suits me fine)
    Condition: very good
    Groupset: Campagnolo Xenon
    Gearing: 53/30
    Price: €350

Detailed specs
    Frame: (aluminium) Dedacciai Fire
    Fork: (carbon) 4ZA Ellyps
    Headset: FSA 1 1/8" integrated
    Bottom Bracket: Two-piece FSA Gossamer Compact
    Crankset: Two-piece FSA Gossamer Compact
    Stem: FSA Silver Wing
    Handlebar: FSA Silver Wing
    Derailleur: Campagnolo Xenon
    Shifters: Campagnolo Xenon
    Brakes: Campagnolo Xenon
    Brake Levers: Campagnolo Xenon
    Saddle: 4ZA Stratus (not currently on bike but can be provided)
    Seat post: FSA Silver Wing - 31,6
    Wheels: FSA RD 80
    Hubs: FSA RD 80
    Spokes: FSA RD 80
    Rims: FSA RD 80
    Pedals: Look Keo Easy (alternatively, original Look pedals can be provided)
    Tyres: Vredestein Fortezza
    Cassette: Campagnolo Xenon
    Handlebar tape: 4ZA
    Chain: Wipperman
    Bottle Cage Holder: Tacx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

The basics

Gearing: 53/30
    53/39? Or..
    Detailed specs
    Crankset: Two-piece FSA Gossamer Compact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Apologies - the bike has three chainrings: 53, 42 (I'm pretty sure) and 30.
    Lemag wrote: »
    53/39? Or..

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭sled driver

Hi Ghost rider,

What year is the bike, how much mileage on her?

Ever been crashed?

Thanks.

Hi Sled Driver (are we related?),

I bought the bike used in 2007. I would guess it was 2 or 3 years old at that point, but I can't say for sure. I also don't know how many miles the previous owner did on her. I myself did (at a guess) 700-1000, including a few hundred miles on a trainer.

I did come off the bike once - I skidded on ice one Christmas. I was only going around 15kmph, though. The bars were knocked a bit skew-ways but it was simply a question of getting out the allen key to fix them. As far as I could see, there was no damage whatsoever to the frame.
    Hi Ghost rider,

What year is the bike, how much mileage on her?

Ever been crashed?

Thanks.

Not sure if we're related. I'm a driver, your a rider :D

However, I have just noticed that we are neighbours. I live in Chapelizod aswell.

I think it's ok to PM to organise a viewing without first making an offer, but I'm open to correction by the mods??

Subject to clairifcation, perhaps we could organise that and of course any offers will be made back in thread?

• Advertisement

If it's okay by the mods (or indeed the rockers), then I'm happy to show it.
    Not sure if we're related. I'm a driver, your a rider :D

However, I have just noticed that we are neighbours. I live in Chapelizod aswell.

I think it's ok to PM to organise a viewing without first making an offer, but I'm open to correction by the mods??

Subject to clairifcation, perhaps we could organise that and of course any offers will be made back in thread?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Finally a chance to use Mod Voice:

As far as the rules goes, you must make an offer before arranging inspection. The offer should be stated as "subject to inspection".

If this is what you are trying to say then fire away.

Basically, make an offer IN THREAD: SUBJECT TO INSPECTION, if GR thinks this is an acceptable offer he posts up his acceptance and then you can arrange a time and place by PM.

First person to offer asking in thread gets preference though.

Ghost rider

Offer €200 - Subject to Inspection.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Hi Ghost rider,

Any chance of posting a couple of pics. I'm 6ft myself, and would also be interested if it's an ok fit.

Cheers.

Sled Driver: €200 is 2 low, I'm afraid.

Smacl: yes, I'll take a couple and upload them this morning some time.

• Advertisement

3_smaller.jpg

1_smaller.jpg

NOTES: bike does not come with bottle or saddle bag. Pictured are alternative Look pedals.

Sled Driver: €200 is 2 low, I'm afraid.

Ghostrider - Would you not reconsider my offer in light of the following?

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/products.asp?category=Bikes&product=Triton%20S%202300

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Ghostrider - Would you not reconsider my offer in light of the following?

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/products.asp?category=Bikes&product=Triton%20S%202300
    Completely different spec.

Lemag wrote: »
    Completely different spec.

Correct Lemag, but the bike also has, by ghostriders own admission, at least 7-8 years wear & tear !!!!

While the Triton S of the last few years bears little resemblance to mine, I do takt your point about the age of my Triton, Sled Driver. I should add, thought, that it hasn't been cycled much at all in the past few years as I've had a Planet X since around 2009. The Triton I only used on a turbo when it was too snowy to go outside!

In any case, as I want to sell it, I'll reduce the price to €300.
    Correct Lemag, but the bike also has, by ghostriders own admission, at least 7-8 years wear & tear !!!!

Price of this reduced to €300.

While the Triton S of the last few years bears little resemblance to mine, I do takt your point about the age of my Triton, Sled Driver. I should add, thought, that it hasn't been cycled much at all in the past few years as I've had a Planet X since around 2009. The Triton I only used on a turbo when it was too snowy to go outside!

In any case, as I want to sell it, I'll reduce the price to €300.

Here's where I'm at. I'm interested in spending a couple of hundred euro on what will essentially be a bike used exclusively for winter spins (I don't want to call your bike a winter hack).

I take the point that your spec is higher than the current Triton and that the bike hasn't been cycled much in the last few years, but still 8 years old. However, I'm willing to match your price reduction and increase my offer to €250, subject to inspection and sizing (I'm unsure of the Ridley sizing).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

€300 offered, subject to inspection, if you can get it out to Ballyboden for me. If it's as described and works ok, should be no issues, as I'm only an inch taller than you. Sorry for having to drag you out to Ballyboden, but this is a first road bike from me, and I don't fancy getting back on it from Chapelizod as a first spin on a bike I don't know.

Smacl,

I reckon I can do that. Will PM ya...
    smacl wrote: »
    €300 offered, subject to inspection, if you can get it out to Ballyboden for me. If it's as described and works ok, should be no issues, as I'm only an inch taller than you. Sorry for having to drag you out to Ballyboden, but this is a first road bike from me, and I don't fancy getting back on it from Chapelizod as a first spin on a bike I don't know.

SOLD!

• Advertisement
Advertisement