Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue Piercing

Options
  • 04-10-2011 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I have been planning to get my tongue pierced for a couple of months now and there is a special offer in the studio I wanted to do it in until thursday. However, I am booked into the dentist to get a couple of fillings next monday. Would I have to wait until after my dental appointment or would it be ok to get the piercing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

There can be quite a bit of swelling so you would probably be best waiting. Not to mention the dentist knocking off it during your procedure could damage it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Dentist will prob ask you to take it out. i imagine it would be hard to work with it in as it would be swollen, and him/her been at your mouth working on your teeth could just make it aggravated and sore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SandiC

Heya...how long would your tongue be swollen for? And what kind of foods would I be able to eat for the next week or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

SandiC wrote: »
    Heya...how long would your tongue be swollen for? And what kind of foods would I be able to eat for the next week or so?

Depends on each person. Some people swell for a day or two thers like myself swell for a week.

Stick to soups, rice, pasta and soft foods. Avoid dairy and spicy foods while it's healing too. Use ice to help bring down the swelling.

Advertisement