Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unfair charges on phone bill!!

Options
  • 04-10-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Hi im writing to complain about the mess that is the direct debit paying system.

I was told that my monthly bill would come out the second wednesday of every month..
    Last month i put the money into my account to cover my bill as soon as i recieved my dole on the wednesday
    only to get a letter the next week informing me that i had to pay €28 euro immediatly or get my line cut off
    i rang up your customer service only to be told that the money had since been taking from my account & it was settled..the problem being that you (eircom) tried to take the money from my account on the tuesday instead of the wednesday

Now fast forward to this month & i got my bill today which includes another 15 euro "invalid payment fee"!!

Now the only reason the payment was invalid was because you tried to take it off me early & the funds werent in the bank

I am unemployed & i can only afford to put the money into the bank the day it is due which is the same day i lift my dole

I never wanted to pay direct debit in the 1st place as i have had expierences of this happening with other companies but i was promised this time that the money wouldnt be requested early :rolleyes:

and i was also told that to pay the old fashioned way in the post office
    (which is what ive wanted to do from day 1) would cost me a deposit of €100

Why?

Do you think im gonna run away with the modem or something??

Ive been told after my 12 month contract is up i can THEN pay in the post office ..why not now???

Well considering my broadband has been down TWICE this month (you can check your records to see this) i think i will be taking my custom elsewhere unless things can be improved dramatically

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Hi im writing to complain about the mess that is the direct debit paying system.

I was told that my monthly bill would come out the second wednesday of every month..
    Last month i put the money into my account to cover my bill as soon as i recieved my dole on the wednesday
    only to get a letter the next week informing me that i had to pay €28 euro immediatly or get my line cut off
    i rang up your customer service only to be told that the money had since been taking from my account & it was settled..the problem being that you (eircom) tried to take the money from my account on the tuesday instead of the wednesday

Now fast forward to this month & i got my bill today which includes another 15 euro "invalid payment fee"!!

Now the only reason the payment was invalid was because you tried to take it off me early & the funds werent in the bank

I am unemployed & i can only afford to put the money into the bank the day it is due which is the same day i lift my dole

I never wanted to pay direct debit in the 1st place as i have had expierences of this happening with other companies but i was promised this time that the money wouldnt be requested early :rolleyes:

and i was also told that to pay the old fashioned way in the post office
    (which is what ive wanted to do from day 1) would cost me a deposit of €100

Why?

Do you think im gonna run away with the modem or something??

Ive been told after my 12 month contract is up i can THEN pay in the post office ..why not now???

Well considering my broadband has been down TWICE this month (you can check your records to see this) i think i will be taking my custom elsewhere unless things can be improved dramatically

Hi oranbhoy67
    as you say payments should be scheduled as agreed and this should not happen, the date set is, my apologies for the mix up. Can you PM me your tel number and I should be able to get this cleared up for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Thanks Tony for swiftly resolving this issue fairly !!
    i appreciate it.. great customer service so credit where it is due you have restored my faith in Eircom :) !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Thanks Tony for swiftly resolving this issue fairly !!
    i appreciate it.. great customer service so credit where it is due you have restored my faith in Eircom :) !!!

No problem oranbhoy67
    have received your PM and looking into this now.
    Tony

Advertisement