Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the first song you ever loved?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Stand - R.E.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Lyin' Eyes by The Eagles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Sum 41 - In Too Deep

Ahh the memories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

^ This ...blew me away when I first heard it as a kid

^ followed by this other classic which is an edited stereo version of the original production and single release ... you wont find a better version on you tube .

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

The first song I really loved was Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel. It came out when I was two or three years old. One of my sisters had the tape and I would sit in the kitchen listening to it over and over for ages.

OP I just listened to that on the radio today, a song I'd heard a million times without ever listening to it properly. A good song.

First song I ever really loved was Beat It, by Michael Jackson, fond memories of the clanging bars of the intro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

Year 3000 by Busted.

I've just made you all feel very old, haven't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

help by the beatles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

This, embarrassingly enough :) (I was very young!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

fraggle rock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

This version of 'Darkness on the edge of town'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCpzgcH0QBE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mapaco

great thread!
    fell madly in love with the song an the lad-think i was about feckin 3 haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLxTEV5vpyg

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APJwMLvZYZU
    Jimmy Nail, crocodile shoes. My dad used to play it from a cassette in our old car. I'd sit in the back listening away. I was probably only 2/3 years old, great song.

cant embed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

• Registered Users Posts: 10 freakybeaky108

According to my folks my first sentence was "I'm in the mood baby"! How many 1 year olds listen to John Lee Hooker???:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Faing wrote: »
    Many from my early years but I suppose American Pie would be the one for me.

how do you feel about this song today ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Tweedo wrote: »
    Cornershop - Brimful of Asha
    Sorry to make anyone feel old:o

that was only 1998

1st song i remember liking was never gona give you up by rick astley , 1987 was my coming of age in terms of noticing music , sport etc , i was ten , used to follow the charts fanatically back then , i could list you half a dozen number ones from that year , couldnt name one from 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

This was the first one that blew my mind, haven't seen this performance of it before which has live vocals, has the lads pretending to be robots of course, as was their want back in the day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Remember rockin' out to this in the kitchen with my Ma, couldn't have been more than three!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen. I must have been like 10 or 11, my Dad put that album on while we were driving from North Dublin to somewhere on the South side, I remember looking at the liner notes somewhere around the toll bridge just past the Liffey going all, "****en electric guitars and leather jackets and ****en tunes! How can guys be so cool??" :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

The first single I ever bought…

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Bohemian Rhapsody slayed me. I was 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

The Universal by Blur.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I was a few months over 3 when this won the Eurovision and to this day I still love it and remember it being my favourite song for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭phatkev

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭anewme

When I was born, our family were waiting on the Council to house us, so lived in a mobile home at the back of my Granny's garden. I lived there till I was about 4 or 5.

My uncle was in his twenties at the time also lived there and mad into music. He had a record player (big orange thing like a suitcase) and lots of albums, which he used to play for me anytime I was around and we'd sing along. He'd a great kind of falsetto voice and I loved it!

I remember being able to sing every word to Kevin Johnson's "Rock n Roll I gave you all the best years of my life" when I was 3 and a half. I still know every word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSJEsBwH4FQ

Spanish train by Chris de Burgh was another favourite album I recall loud and clear a year or so later. I loved Spanish Train and a child was fascinated by the "Lord and the Devil are now playing Chess". My uncle could sing that amazing. Laughing along to Patricia the Stripper (knew it was naughty, thats all) and Lonely Sky and a song called the Tower which was about a princess who turned into a bird.

Dug out a photo of me last week aged about 4 with the Record Player(not plugged in obviously in the back garden, surrounded by lots of albums, Glen Campbell, The Move, Bobby Goldsboro, The Drifters, Bowie(Ziggy Stardust).

That was 40 years ago and my uncle has recently not been in the best of health, but I can still see us singing along in my Granny's as we were then, so I'll keep those memories safe with me. I have him to thank for my love of music.

Getting a bit emotional now - great thread:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

anewme wrote: »
    Spanish train by Chris de Burgh was another favourite album I recall loud and clear a year or so later. I loved Spanish Train and a child was fascinated by the "Lord and the Devil are now playing Chess". My uncle could sing that amazing. Laughing along to Patricia the Stripper (knew it was naughty, thats all) and Lonely Sky and a song called the Tower which was about a princess who turned into a bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Possibly Blur Song 2. It was on the Fifa 98 soundtrack but maybe I loved songs before that....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I can vividly remember listening to help by the Beatles over and over again in my granny's house at the age of 3 or 4. Loved it then, love it now :D

Advertisement